How to adjust the E-Brake??

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
What the crap.. I cant find one single point to adjust the ebrake cable, even looked in the manual and that wasnt any help.. I went back and forth from the axle all the way to the pedel and nothing, all slugs at the ends of the cables, and I have slack.. I installed all new brakes a few months ago my self, and I failed an inspection because the ebrake wont hold the truck.. I even tried adjusting the spanner internally and it didnt help, the brake shoes are on correct too..

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
There is no adjustment :( Usually when you change the rear pads it will help out a little but if you need more NAPA sells a adjustment clamp that goes on the cable and just kinks the cable a little to take out some slack. I will see if I can find a link and post it up.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I'm betting your rear shoes are out of adjustment. Jack the truck up, take the rubber plug out of the backing plate for the brakes and get a large flat screwdriver and start adjusting the shoes until the begin to just drag. After than I bet your e-brake works. The rear shoes on our trucks are a complete joke.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I'm betting your rear shoes are out of adjustment. Jack the truck up, take the rubber plug out of the backing plate for the brakes and get a large flat screwdriver and start adjusting the shoes until the begin to just drag. After than I bet your e-brake works. The rear shoes on our trucks are a complete joke.

I'm guessing this same thing. I have to disagree with you about the rears being a joke. I have 3 E350's with the same exact rear brakes as the OBS trucks. The brakes actually wear normally and work as they should. Keep in mind that my trucks are always towing about 5,000-7,000 lbs every day.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
There is a self adjuster as part of the e-brake pedal. I tried to explain/show how it is supposed to work on one of my pages here. If it malfunctions the e-brake won't work.

I agree tho that the most likely cause of problems is the rear brake shoe self adjuster.

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
The main cable is stretched.. Im going to be adding an adjuster so I can correct the issue..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14