how to change the oil sensor in the HPOP?

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone here ever change tehre OIL sensor in the HPOP? I talked to jody and he said my truck in the mornings should not be making the clattering that it is.

he thinks that the oil temprature sensor in the HPOP may be goign bad and further advancing my timing then his chip and thus pre-detonation and thus windowed block.

So anyone change out this oil sensor?

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Only way to know for sure is to have a scan tool reading the EOT PID when it's cold. See what it says then watch it as it warms up. An Edge Evolution can also watch the EOT PID if you know anyone with one.

If you do change it, you'll want to drain the HPOP reservoir. I use an old syringe and surgical tubing to fit down in the plug that's on top of the reservoir. If you don't drain it you will have somewhere around a quart of oil in the valley.

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Ill have to see if someone has a edge around here?

Thanks for the pic, know the price on that sensor?

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
It's on the top of the reservoir on the cover. It's visible in posted pic in line with the sensor at the very bottom of the pic. You have to suck out the oil with the syringe and tubing.

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stealership and Autozone 14.99 and 12.99 both are out and both distributors are out DOH!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14