How to check HPOP pressure

TexDiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
How and where to check HPOP pressure. Son's 2004 6.0 shutdown today started running rough he pulled in parking lot and turned it off now all it will do is crank over. I checked the FICM 48.5 steady fuel bowl full, fan cluch. checking what i can until my machanic gets back from vacation. The injectors and fuel pump have been replaced within the last 6 months. fuel pump twice. Any ideas? Anyone want to buy a truck? I'm sure glad i have a 7.3

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ScangaugeII is the easiest way.

You can probe the ICP wires and get a voltage, but I don't know where to get at good correlation between voltage and pressure at all voltages. I do know that you need about 0.82V (equals 500 psig) to start.

You can try disconnecting the ICP and seeing if it will start w/ a default value that the PCM will assume.

hulkster

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
High oil pump pressure is read by the pcm using the ICP sensor. You have to have the abilty to look at the data the icp is sending to the pcm, for this you will need a scanner
then you have to be able to interput what your looking at. like bismic1 said 0.82v =
500 psi of pressure, higher voltage=higher pressure on a system that is operating properly. w/ key on engine off. voltage should be .018-.024v untill you crank then voltage and pressure should go hand in hand upwards,can't have one without the other
ipr % about 14.8. ipr % should rise as pressure rises. hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58