How to deal with the cold

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
haul road up to Barrow...
yeah, that's cold...
I spent a winter in Knik, and that was cold enough for this Michigan boy...

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I'll reiterate the common sense stuff.

Make sure your fuel is a good sub-zero winter blend. Turning your fuel tank into a giant ice cube tray won't do you any good.

Also make sure ALL the glow plugs are working as well as the glow plug relay.

Lastly make sure your batteries are not on their last legs. A weak battery may work OK in the summer, but fall flat and dead as a door nail as soon as the temp drops below freezing.

Unless you have ensured those things are good, grilling all the burgers in the world under your oil pan ain't gonna do a damn bit of good. :D

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the same road as the "Ice Road Truckers" but I am not one as I run the road year around. :lmao Unfortunately they are coming back this year :dizzy

I'm sure they really tie up the other traffic with all the production crews, cameras, etc. I would like to see the gal win this time. She held her own with the guys in the last series.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I'm sure they really tie up the other traffic with all the production crews, cameras, etc. I would like to see the gal win this time. She held her own with the guys in the last series.

That competition is a total joke. They got like a dozen loads last "season"? I got 121 loads this year. It is not a ice road it is a gravel road that the state sprinkles some water on during the winter too smooth it out. The road is open 365 days a year not just for the "season". The "gal" only runs the road for the show, I have not seen her up there since filming stopped last year. And yes the production crews are a pain in the ........ They seemed to cut out there major collisions last year. Best one was when they rear-ended a tanker while filming in a blow, they hauled a couple camera men off via medi-vac. The show is nothing but made for TV entertainment, not much of it is real other than some of the footage.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That competition is a total joke. They got like a dozen loads last "season"? I got 121 loads this year. It is not a ice road it is a gravel road that the state sprinkles some water on during the winter too smooth it out. The road is open 365 days a year not just for the "season". The "gal" only runs the road for the show, I have not seen her up there since filming stopped last year. And yes the production crews are a pain in the ........ They seemed to cut out there major collisions last year. Best one was when they rear-ended a tanker while filming in a blow, they hauled a couple camera men off via medi-vac. The show is nothing but made for TV entertainment, not much of it is real other than some of the footage.

;tu Finally.. what I always thought (and knew). Hyped up fictitious DRAMA. ;):lmao

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a "Ax Man" and that show is the same way along with the rest of them.

:lmao I hear ya 'bout that too !

Raised in Oregon, worked in the "Woods" as a Pup set'n chokers, buck'n, yard'n, skid'n, load'n.. Things have changed.. but they aint changed that much..... lot's a phoney set-ups for the "Effect" and again.... DRAMA :lmao:lmao

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ficticous Drama

Repo show is the same way except they admit it in the credits. Not a whole lot real with HGTV as well. Those host wouldn't know how to paint a wall if they had to. Watch them pick up a paint roller and start in the middle of the wall and only paint half way to the top and bottom. My that's not how you paint without leaving a wall all splotchy and streaked. Start in the corner and paint the wall as you move along the wall.:stir

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg