How to Deal.....

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some good advice, some not so good. It takes time to heal love wounds. I like the advice on showing just how well adjusted you are since she left. Get involved with some project that will keep you busy, and help others. It is hard to feel sorry for yourself when you are helping others. Big brothers is a very good because kids need help, and right now so do you. You can help each other.

Booze, drugs, etc. only make things worse.

Good luck;
:sweet

Fine69

Reaction score
I too have been in your shoes. High school sweethearts, dated 8 years, got married, she took off after 18 months. Like the others have said, quit the booze, and find something to keep you busy. Through time you won't miss her at all.

jhamlin164

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I AGREE TOTALLY................

first and foremost stop drinkin. it will cloud your judgement and won`t help making the right decisions....i will try to make this short....10 years ago this past christmas, now my ex wife asked me for a divorce 2 days before christmas.
it threw me for a loop, for quite awhile(3 years)....i thought having a few drinks(lots) would solve my problems, it usually made things worse....she was my high school sweetheart....so i know what you are going through(and i know this isn`t about me)....in my opinion, the best thing is to move forward(yes it will be hard)....keep a positive attitude and remember that it will get easier everyday(it will)...

i wasted three years of my life(waiting for her to come back....:doh:)...now everybodies situation is little bit different....so the best advice i can give is stay positive, lay off the bottle and it helps to talk (you will find out who your best friends are, they will listen and offer advice)......i hope this helps some....best of luck.....also one last thing, you might not want to hear this right now, but there are more fish in the sea.....

Put the bottle down first to help to establish and maintain a clear mindset;tu

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the advice, it means an awful lot
I would love to get a dog but i work to much and am never home enough to let him out and i live were i cannot keep one outside and make too little for vet bills and feed. that being said would love to do more things with my truck, but back to makin too little and diesel bein 3.80/gal here i cant even afford to turn the chip up anymore to make smoke. i try to do things to keep busy, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Thanks again, i appriciate it

Neal

jhamlin164

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
BEST THING I'VE HEARD ALL DAY............

Keepin you in my prayers diesel redneck.

Please don't resort to drinking the pain away.

Couldn't agree with you more 'BamaSixGun.................let's all keep him in our prayers; seek ye first the Kingdom and everything else will fall in line in time.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58