How to hook up AUX equipment

Rickstallman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea how to hook up an IPOD to the CD-^ with the AUX button. I have asked Ford they told to have someone esle do it and all the after maket shops want to do is sell you a new radio:dunno

Rickstallman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
A little better information

Hi gang it was late last night
I have a 2005 F350 6.0 Diesel
Crew Cab
I havethe premium radio with the 6 dics player and an Aux buttom when pushed the display respons with "none". Does anyone know how to hook up a Ipod or DVD sound to it? I have asked Ford to do it. They told me I should have it done by aftermarket ,but all they want to do is sell me a new radio.:dizzy

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i believ that on the backside of the radio there is an rca jack...i think you may have to pull it out of the dash to access it..i never got that far before i put an aftermarket one in because the stock one started acting up

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No RCA jack that I'm aware of, that'd be way too easy. I believe on this stereo you have to buy an aftermarket module that hooks up to the RSE (rear seat entertainment) connector (16 pin?) on the back. If you are using the RSE it won't work. I researched some several months ago and they run from about $75 -$250 and provide a remote aux plug in to plug in your ipod or satellite. Here's a link as an example:

2005-2006 FORD F-350 AUX INPUT ADAPTER XM/iPOD/iRIVER - eBay (item 150037756574 end time Oct-06-09 21:13:26 PDT)

Still planning on doing this later this year.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim