How to look like a jack-ass in public

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
The other day I decided to go to Taco Bell for some lunch. For several years, there has been a lady working there that is mentally challenged. She pretty much just greets customers, clears & wipes the tables and sweeps the floor.

After I get my food, I go sit down and there is a couple sitting at another table. The guy is talking or should I say shouting, to this mentally handicapped lady, bitching about his food. Try as she may, the poor gal couldn't handle this idiot. She said something about the boss was busy in the office. He shouted back about the customer always being right. It was a pretty ugly scene. Eventually the moron got up and left.

I was watching this scene unfold and was very close to telling the dipsh*t to go see the manager if he had a problem, but to leave the handicapped gal alone.

I swear, there are some folks you just want to take out behind the building and beat with a bat just for general purposes.

dpantazis

Reaction score
mr manager sounds like just as big a dope. he should have gotten his lazy ass to the front to see what the ruckus was about. yeah, the customer is usually right, but your duty is to your employees, FIRST.. if she has special needs, then he has to look out for her a little more than the others.

all it takes a few softly spoken, non-intimidating words to diffuse the situation. if its not appropriate/advisable, then make sure to offer reassurance to someone like that gal. it would probably make her day.

dp

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was watching this scene unfold and was very close to telling the dipsh*t to go see the manager if he had a problem, but to leave the handicapped gal alone.

You woulda just wasted time buddy. I don't know where the old saying comes from, but it's true as true gets:

"Ya can't fix stupid"

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
mr manager sounds like just as big a dope. he should have gotten his lazy ass to the front to see what the ruckus was about. yeah, the customer is usually right, but your duty is to your employees, FIRST.. if she has special needs, then he has to look out for her a little more than the others.

all it takes a few softly spoken, non-intimidating words to diffuse the situation. if its not appropriate/advisable, then make sure to offer reassurance to someone like that gal. it would probably make her day.

dp

The whole episode only took a couple of minutes. I'm not too sure the manager was even aware until after the dipstick had left the restaurant.

I did mention to the gal later that next time she has someone being mean to her, she should go get the boss & that's what they get paid for.

Last edited:

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that customer was the one that was mentally challenged, not the girl. I commenend you for maintaing your composure as long as you did. I have been know to have a quick fuse in a situation like that (so my wife says) I think it is just about right.:)

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It scares me to think about how many stupid people operate, breath and drive around me on a daily basis. The number is staggering......

What do they say? Better to be quiet and let them think you're an idiot then open your mouth and confirm their suspicions.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58