Help Needed How to remove F-250 Front Rotors

dburggren

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anyone,

How to you remove the front rotors on a 2002 F250 4X4, 135k miles?

I'm about to replace my front brakes again. Last time, I replaced the pads, but couldn't get any of the bolts out that hold the bracket that I need to remove the rotors. Now the rotors are worse, and really need to be turned or replaced. Same problem, I have the calipers off and could replace just the pads again. But I can't get the same bolts out to remove the brackets and get the rotors off. I'm using a 21mm impact socket on my impact gun maxed out at 120psi. They just won't budge.

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Use a big breaker bar. Those suckers are on there!!! You can also use some penetrating oil on the bolts, like PB Blaster.

Dave

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Anyone,

How to you remove the front rotors on a 2002 F250 4X4, 135k miles?

I'm about to replace my front brakes again. Last time, I replaced the pads, but couldn't get any of the bolts out that hold the bracket that I need to remove the rotors. Now the rotors are worse, and really need to be turned or replaced. Same problem, I have the calipers off and could replace just the pads again. But I can't get the same bolts out to remove the brackets and get the rotors off. I'm using a 21mm impact socket on my impact gun maxed out at 120psi. They just won't budge.

Dave

You're going to need a big piece of pipe and a sturdy ratchet, my friend..
go rent a 3/4" inch drive if you needd to...

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would recommend putting some heat where the bolts and threaded into the casing.Those bolts are tightened with lock-tite from the factory, andyou may need a little heat to help break them free. No needto get it red hot, just warm.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
use PB Blaster like dave said, use a big wrench and maybe a hammer to kinda shock it apart.....it'll go.....just gotta force it:eek::rolleyes:;tu

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
give 'em hell, then take a rest. Just don't smash your fingers(or your jaw) when they break loose. you won't break these bolts before you break something else, don't be afraid. :teef

NJKen

Is a proud new daddy
Reaction score
Like everyone else said, you gotta get a BF wrench and a leverage adaptor. they are in from the factory with yellow loctite that does melt nicely with a little heat.
Ken

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58