How to remove PD box cover?!?!?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to check fuse 17 in my power distribution box. I'm trying to remove the cover....probablly some dumb easy way to remove it. I've figured out how to pull the whole box off by breaking loose the wrong clamps. On top of the box it says "Pull <----<----<----". I've pushed, pulled, tugged every way I know how and it wont come off. Anyone that knows how to remove it please tell me because it is driving me CRAZY !:CRAZY!!!

jflaig

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
rammertide07,

There is a tab on the front engine side of the power distribution box and that is what you are meant to "pull", if I am not mistaken. If anyone has any pics or advice please post, this is how I got mine off yesterday. Thanks and good luck to you.

Joe

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen the tab and pushed/pulled it while trying to pull on the cover. Guess I'll try it again and if it breaks theres allways bungee cords. Thanks

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screwdriver worked....fuse 17 is good but found some others that are bad. Also all of the other fuses for my 4x4 are good. So now I'm left with either broken circuit or a bad motor on my transfer case. Anyone know if there is a way to check the plug with a voltmeter? If its not the plug, how big of a job would it be to replace the motor. I crawled under the truck and it doesnt look to bad. Would there be a lot of fluid pouring out on me? ANything else I forgot???? Thanks

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
4x4

Well if all the electrical systems are working from the wiring diagram JL gave you then the motor is probably your fix, no fluid will come out there is just a rectangular pin on the transfer case that the motor sits around, unplug, unbolt and reverse, all done. Hope your on the right path.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it back to the trans shop and the plug was not secured all the way. Must have been a pain because I saw the guy going back under with a pry-bar to secure it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14