Help Needed How to wire subwoofer

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a used JL Audio center console subwoofer enclosure.

Where do I get the audio signal to feed my amp and that will ultimately power my subwoofer?

I will be mouting the amplifier under the passenger seat so I was thinking of pulling the audio signal from the passenger front door speaker and using a electronic filter so only low frequencies are sent to the amplifier.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they sell a line level to rca converter if thats what your asking?
if your amp is capable of line level already then a couple of filters should do you fine ,, check crutchfeild and ask their advisers

Last edited:

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
oh i dont know..sry didnt know you had a stock head unit...i dont believe they do, but i know you used to be able to get an adapter so that you could do it that way.

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Factory head unit

There is an item called a "s" wire and that transfers your audio signal to the amplifier, i have done plenty f them on older ford products so do some research first before attempting or just go to a local car audio shop and ask. Good luck.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tapped the wires off the rear speakers and ran them to the high level input on the amplifier. The wiring harness runs underneath the door sill. My Haynes repair manual told me what colors the wires were. I put a voltmeter on them to determine which was + and which was -.

I will say that the JL Audio Stealth sub along with a 1200 watt Sony subwoofer is AWESOME! The truck finally has the bass it is severely lacking.

While the box is expensive new ($550 and higher), it is well worth the money. I got mine used on Craigslist for $300 from someone in Colorado.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58