Howdy from Lower Alabama

LA350

Diesel Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Y'all,

I am a new diesel motor owner, well at least soon to be. I found out that I am inheriting a extreemly well kept '97 F350 Supercab dually w/ 5 speed manual. I am told it is low mileage, <50k, but that remains to be seen as I was first told it was a Dodge :confused: .

I am looking to learn more about these fine rigs. As I know, trucks have their quirks and problems. So I am hoping to glean some fine info from this board and it's :hail fine membership :hail :thumbs

I hope to pick up the truck this weekend or the next so until then help a feller out and give me some pointers.
:thanks

LA350

Diesel Newbie
Reaction score
I got a call the other night by my Bro-in-law who confirmed that is a F350, my wife was a little confused replying that all she knew it was a big truck w/ 4 wheels in the back.

I plan on using it to tow a camper. We have a small camper now because we were limited to my current truck. Now we can drag just about anything.

I am not a mod crazy person, so keeping it relativly stock would be the way I am going to plan it. I would like to get the best MPG, and use it as a daily driver. I drive primarily the highway just over 40 miles a day. I guess opening up the air supply would be first and losing the muffler or replacing it w/ a better flowing model.

It is stock as it sits now. The A/C needs to be upgraded. I was told the R-12 leaked out and never was converted. I was told not to turn on the A/C until I replaced the pump :confused:

I am pretty excited! I had planned on buying a F250 but I am not gonna turn down FREE :sly

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your AC will run in the Defrost and heater modes. This takes out the moisture in the air before heating it up. De-fogs the windshield easier. Only the vent will NOT run the AC.

Dave

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Now we can drag just about anything.

Yes you can! :D

I am not a mod crazy person, so keeping it relativly stock would be the way I am going to plan it.

Be REALLY careful on this site then, we may be a bad influence on you when it comes to mods...:sly

I was told the R-12 leaked out and never was converted.

'97's were R134a from the factory, they don't know what they are talking about. ;)

I am pretty excited! I had planned on buying a F250 but I am not gonna turn down FREE :sly

Welcome to SDD!
:welcome

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Welcome from Upper Alabama!

Anything free is great these days. good luck with the truck.

and like Roy said, PowerstrokeModSyndrome around here spreads like wildfire.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58