New Owner! Howdy, from Northern Ontario, did I buy a lemon?

rudolphvan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, I'm a new owner of a 99 F250 SD 4x4 7.3 ltr. 6spd man xmsn. I bought it to use as a plow truck and get me around in the woods. Looks like it was built in April of 1998, an early one I take it. People are telling me I bought kind of a mixup, they say the later builds were better. What are the big differences? Did I buy a lemon? The truck runs well and performs well with my new 8ft. Fisher Snowplow. I just wonder if there is any truth in this early / late build story? Any of you knowledgeable fellows got the skinny on this story? :dunno

msurovick

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Not a lemon, at least the 5.4 gas wasnt. just didnt have any power when towing . just traded my 99 f250 in with 170k no major problems in 10 years.wanted to upgrade to diesel, or i would still have it

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
my opinion can't go wrong with a 7.3 I am a PROUD owner of 2 of em. looked for 6 months for the wifes excursion. (lemon not likely) how many miles fill out your sig. line. oops I guess I should do mine too

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
definatly NOT a lemon. the truck you bought, basically has the old body style powertrain, slipped into the superduty body. there is NOTHING wrong with them, there are tons of high mileage super reliable OBS's around this site.

one warning about your truck....if you are ever buying parts make sure you get the right stuff. for just about every part there shouldnt be any confusion, but since your truck wasnt made very long it may be overlooked in certain parts catalogs.

load it like a freight car drive it like a nascar!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14