Howdy from Texas

painthousetexas

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am not new to diesels by any means. This is just my first 6.4L. I am 'ascared' of the mileage horrors I hear. I just traded of a 2006 Dodge Cummins that regularly achieved 22-23 mpg. I know I will not get that out of this vehicle, so I am not as ignorant as I look. Prior to that I had an '01 Excursion 4x4 7.3 powerstroke, and before that, my favorite to date, a '97 4x4 Crew Cab short box f-250- the older, squarish body style. I never should have sold that one! It was rock solid.

I started when diesel was under a dollar/gallon. I have seen it over $5 and now back to under $2. Quite a journey in pricing. This may be the wrong section of the forum, but what can be done about the mileage? I have a Bully Dog Power Pup programmer, and have always used Lucas Fuel treatment. Can Lucas be used in the new engines? Will a dealer know if a programmer is installed, even after uninstalling before a visit to the dealership?

Enough for now, I will go search the forums and see what knowledge I can gleen from the experts.

Randy / Painthouse
PaintHouseTx.com

Jimmy Tanner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '03 Silverado 2500 HD go 24 MPG on high speed runs (80 MPH) between here in Northern Va to both South Georgia and Southwest Michigan, over the past five years. Pulling either my 35' 5th Wheel or 24' TT at 72 MPH on those same runs, or from there to Bristol TN (over 350 miles) one way yeilded 12-13 MPG.

My '08 F250 SD HD has one highway run at 60 - 65 MPH for about 400 miles and I got about 14. In three weeks I'll be pulling the TT to Bristol for the races and I am expecting to run 65 MPH in hopes of getting 10 MPG. Terrible mileage, but I'll be looking good!

Jimmy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14