bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is he willing to put that in writing ?
and buy the parts back if it doesnt ?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I've spoken with both KEM and Spartan diesel. These trucks are seeing a 200dyno proven horsepower gain. Matt's truck put down 490 horses and 854 lb-ft of torque.

I've heard some great mileage numbers with these tunes as well. I plan on picking up my tuner in the next week or so with the DPF delete and I will post my results. If the gains are anywhere near what they are claimed, the tuner/dpf delete will pay for itself in under 12k miles. That's less than 5 months for me... :D

Whats the ticket on the tuner, if you don't mind me asking. Also, can you install the tune yourself, do you need to replace the exhaust, etc?

gunman41mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that would be impressive...a near
doubling of the hp from the factory !

and let me guess it also gets better
mpg while doin' it...probably takes
out the garbage too.

HEY BUSH PILOT, CALL MATT at SPARTAN DIESEL, see if he can add a CO-PILOT in the programmer for your TRUCK !!!!

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah like stated before, it was like 490hp and 854 ft. lbs of torque.

These new 6.4's will soon become the hot rods of the diesel world. Throw in some moddified 100hp injectors, a custom CP3 setup, and some turbo tweaking, and I can see these things pushing easily 600+hp and over 1000ft lbs of torque. Duramax's beware :sly.

The spartan guy was saying that he had 7K on the tune so far (last time I read) and he said everything was holding up fine. He also said that fuel economy increased dramatically to 19+mpg highway. I guess it has a more aggresive torque converter lockup program in it to lock it up sooner = better fuel economy.

Jay2008

2008 F250 King Ranch
Reaction score
Whats the ticket on the tuner, if you don't mind me asking. Also, can you install the tune yourself, do you need to replace the exhaust, etc?

I was wondering the same thing. Can you just delete the regen or have to do exhaust at the same time.:confused:

gunman41mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah like stated before, it was like 490hp and 854 ft. lbs of torque.

These new 6.4's will soon become the hot rods of the diesel world. Throw in some moddified 100hp injectors, a custom CP3 setup, and some turbo tweaking, and I can see these things pushing easily 600+hp and over 1000ft lbs of torque. Duramax's beware :sly.

The spartan guy was saying that he had 7K on the tune so far (last time I read) and he said everything was holding up fine. He also said that fuel economy increased dramatically to 19+mpg highway. I guess it has a more aggresive torque converter lockup program in it to lock it up sooner = better fuel economy.
HI FORDGUY100, I talked to MATT from SPARTAN DIESEL, yesterday and he told me he has over 17,000 miles and it's been HARD MILES, and still no problems!!!!!!!

Last edited:

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there was a link to a great write up on another powerstroke forum about deleting the dpf, cat and staight piping the 6.4 and turning off the regen . The guy who did it was named Julian. I cant remember the site now, its a long read like 45-50 pages of the process. Long story short...it can be done now. I'm going to search again and try to post a link.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64