How's the price on this '99 250 4X4

JDM7.3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello all, first time posting here and was needing a little general guidance.

I am wanting to get a 7.3 F-250 and am looking at higher mileage trucks as they are in my price range. The one I am interested in most right now is a '99 F-250 XLT, Super Cab, Auto, 4X4. It has 176K on it so far and they want $12,900 for it. The interior is in excellent condition and the body is in good with the typical dings and scratches. It does not appear to have had a 5th wheel hitch at any point and otherwise looks stock. According to the OASIS it had a new tranny at 32K miles and a new gear box at 82K miles.

So now to the questions:
1. Is that a reasonable price for that mileage and truck.
2. Should I be concerned about the early tranny replacement.
3. What other major maintenance should I expect to be done already or doing soon. (ball joints, steering pumps, etc.)

Thanks in advance for any help...

JD

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Super Duty Diesel, JDM7.3. Please fill out your signature so we will know where you live and what you drive. This will help us help you. Where you live has a big part in the price.

Dave

JDM7.3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Alright I think I got it all. But just in case I have a Camry at the moment and am looking at my first diesel in Springfield, MO.

JD

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
what part of springfield do you live in!!! some of the guys will chime in about the price and things you can expect.....good luck:thumbs

99SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i live near st.louis,mo and that sounds like a good price. it all depends on the shape of the truck. you might get it for 12 if talk them down

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14