Hows the weather?

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Crumm said:
You guys been having unseasonably warm weather?

We have had the warmest fall I can ever remember in my 12 years here in Alaska. It is currently 30 degrees and snowing. We should have had temperatures approaching Zero by now but I don't think we have made it very far down into the 20's yet. Until it started snowing last night we still had a green lawn, won't see the lawn again until spring but my last vision was Green. This snow storm is only the second one of the season although it is suppose to snow for a week. I know it will be -40 before I know it but this weather is very enjoyable at the moment. Thinking about taking the boat for a spin today if I can find my tire chains. I don't think sliding into the river would be a good thing..
Dunno if this has been mentioned, but this is exactly what you should be expecting for this year, crumm. We have us an ENSO (AKA El Nino) this year, which produces the following results:

Warmer, wetter winters in the pacific regions, and dryer conditions east of the Rockies. Usually, dryer means colder, without water to carry energy from warm temperate lattitudes...

Seems to me that the El Nino is exactly what we are experienceing, since the guys back east are saying BRRRR in the drought, and we over here are still basking in the sun's rays.....

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not too bad here

Well I guess it was a toasty 90F outside today. Even got a little sun on my lunchtime bike ride across the air force base, about 17 miles or so. I was a little bit worried that the jeans that I was changing into were going to be too hot and would have been right but I didn't get out of work until 5:00. It was about 85ish then. I think I may hit up the beach this weekend and check out the views...if you know what I mean:thumbs . There aren't any girls wearing jackets around here!

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Here's NOAA's forcast

winter-outlook-2006-2007-update-temps2.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member