HP Crossover hose

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it was your tranny upgrade at the same time that made you feel the differance?

I added one to mine years ago, and didnt notice a thing. Put one on the wifes X too, just one more thing to remove when pulling the turbo IMHO...LOL

To each his own.

OBS96

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Maybe Not A Cheap Upgrade?

I/ve got a manual trans. I don't know if that makes a difference, but I don't want to spend the money, or take the time under the hood if it's all for not. Anybody else have expierence with this? Good? Bad? Thanks for your input.

BigRedJeep

Mind if I Smoke
Reaction score
i did it about a month ago. not a noticeable diff to me, but the install was not hard, just a few new scratches on my four arm, usual. it might have a little more pep but not for sure

dpantazis

Reaction score
Good? Bad? Thanks for your input.

I know that on the 99-03 7.3's the oil galleries in the heads are a dead end from the HPOP.

We use the HX crossover to connect the two to equalize the pressure between the two cylinder banks.

I am not sure if the 94-97 trucks suffer from the same issues or not. there are some differences between the model years.

dp

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a little quieter but that's all I noticed. I'm happy that the oil is flowing in the heads better than before though which is really what I was after.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I am happy about oil flowing to both sides now istead of ending in one side. Next on the list is the Regulated Return Fuel System. Sounds like that is a good mod to have also.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't tell much difference after installing and running for 4 days. I do hear my new WW whine more (did at same time), but I don't know if that is because the engine is quieter or the whistle is louder!. It sure is as loud as ever before warming up.

OBS96

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I can't see a reason not to do this mod. More oil is good.

Sounds like it's a mod worth doing. At the very least, it will improve oiling in the heads. There's nothing wrong with that. Possibly cheap insurance, IMHO. I've always been taught that more lubrication was a good thing in any vehicle I 've owned. I also want to thank all of you for your replies. You all have helped me a lot. I just did my first mod,[diy Tymar]. A slight power increase, and I can hear the turbo more. I'm also assuming this mod increased boost a bit. Daddy Likes!! Gauges go in, in a couple weeks. Then a couple more fuel system mods, and a TW chip. I know I got a little off subject, but all the mods I'm doing, I learned from you guys. Thanks.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's a mod worth doing. At the very least, it will improve oiling in the heads. There's nothing wrong with that. Possibly cheap insurance, IMHO. I've always been taught that more lubrication was a good thing in any vehicle I 've owned. I also want to thank all of you for your replies. You all have helped me a lot. I just did my first mod,[diy Tymar]. A slight power increase, and I can hear the turbo more. I'm also assuming this mod increased boost a bit. Daddy Likes!! Gauges go in, in a couple weeks. Then a couple more fuel system mods, and a TW chip. I know I got a little off subject, but all the mods I'm doing, I learned from you guys. Thanks.

Has nothing to do with lube in the heads... You are crossing the HPOP rails, not a low pressure passage.

OBS96

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Csipsd

So, Would you do it? Wouldn't equalizing the oil pressure to the injectors be a good thing?I would think so. Seems to me, it would help even out the fuel distribution through all 8 cylinders, but you guys know best. Am I over analyzing this? Anxious for your opinion, and Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58