hp increase #'s??

just shawn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
just wondering what kind of hp increase i will see with downpipe, cat delete pipe, gutted ebpv, tymar intake, and shimming the fpr?? thanks in advance

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Opening up the intake and exhaust will basically just get your truck ready for some real power upgrades. Since you already have gages you could drop in a chip and injectors for some real increases but that is not recommended with the stock intake and exhaust. There will some minimal hp increase with the intake and exhaust but not enough to really notice. Some dp and intake manufactures will tell you story's about hp increase but they are very optimistic with there numbers. Intake and exhaust is just the first step in the HP game.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Ditto what Crumm said, you wont get much in the way of measurable HP from the dime store mods, though I have read Dyno sheets where the 10K mod will give you 25 hp, the intake/exhaust and cat delete etc etc set you up for down the road HP mods........ You will however notice a seat of the pants increase and you will gain some efficiency.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
oi8228oi said:
if i had to guess it would be between 20 and 25... but i could be wrong.

You probably are........... do you have any factual info to back this up?

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Less than 20.

None of this will add MORE FUEL to the engine.

You will need a programmer or chip to see the real benifits of doing all those mods :D

just shawn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, just getting started with mod's on this truck. i knew it wouldn't be a big increase, just wondering if it was a seat of the pants difference am working on a low budget right now and planning on bigger and better mod's later.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
just shawn said:
just wondering if it was a seat of the pants difference.
It will seem like a seat of the pants increase due to the sound. Nothing like the sound of a PowerStroke with open intake and straight exhaust :ZigBang:

geonc

my other 4X4
Reaction score
Crumm said:
It will seem like a seat of the pants increase due to the sound." Nothing like the sound of a PowerStroke with open intake and straight exhaust" :ZigBang:

YOUBETCHA!

Mine has a sweet spot at around 1500 turns...SHWEET turbo whistle....really snaps the necks of the ricer crowd :roflmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14