HP-X results 2000 Excursion

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
Just finished the install last night. Second time was easier, meaning I received the wrong one the first time. I started it and let it idle for 20mins looking for leaks and definitely could hear it becoming quiter. After the install it started better, ran better (or maybe the cetane boost helped), this morning biggest difference was in the sound while it was cold. Usually the kids come running thinking I am the school bus, it was so loud. Sounded 100% better today. Definitely a easy install, cheap cost, good results project.

:thumbs

Next is
WW
Sonnax
Maybe new programmer/interface (banks, BD, A2?)

Checklist
Suspension/tires/lift - Done
Engine/Trans - 90% Done
Paint/Interior - 10% Done

Then I get a toy like Whata's to pull around!

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
We had similar results with the HPX as it started faster,quieter and accelerated better:sweet

If the weather forecast holds good for this weekend did you want to do the sonnax kit?

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
I did the flexline HPX. What a -mad :cussing: -mad to put on, but managed. Anyone do it with this style or have any problems with it?

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
DavidJ said:
I did the flexline HPX. What a -mad :cussing: -mad to put on, but managed. Anyone do it with this style or have any problems with it?

First one I received was to rigid to connect without major kinks. I returned it and they sent me a more flexible line that was easier to work with and did not kink. Just make sure it doesn't contact anything or it will wear thru. When I install the WW I will make any adjustments as far as alignment.

Brett

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
We had similar results with the HPX as it started faster,quieter and accelerated better:sweet

If the weather forecast holds good for this weekend did you want to do the sonnax kit?

I DO! I DO! Pick me! Pick me! And the WW, too.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Thunderstorms Saturday,lets do the Sonnax Sunday for it'll be in the 60's and sunny:thumbs If you have room maybe even do Brett's if he's available.

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have room, but I am not certain that I'll have time on Sunday. I have a step daughter leaving for a trip sometime that day, church, and my parents really want me to go see them. I will have to see if I can juggle a few hours in for a mod party.

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:

Definitely, I have been wanting to get it done for too long. I hope it helps alot, I need a cleaner, harder shift. Where is a good place? My place is always available also. Bartman, you in also?

Brett

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
Sunday, is looking good for me:thumbs . Hope it doesn't rain forecast - Sunny 60f . If anyone interested, PM me and we can setup a place, date and time. CHP if you get the chance lets do the sonnax. Where is Scar13 :dunno , he is the ww expert supervisor on this round. bartman let me know what your schedule is on Sunday.

Dzl_X_4x4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58