HPOP Fitting Failure

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was towing a very large trailer without brakes into Great Bend, Kansas. I was slowing down for the first stoplight. The engine died (at 10 MPH, fortunately) and would not re-start. Turned over fine, just no fire. I put in an extra 2 gallons of diesel, changed fuel filters, all while standing at the stoplight. Called my service guy back home, he gave me a roadside number, called it. They were going to call me back, meanwhile the policeman had the dealer come out allready and he towed me to an open lot to drop the trailer, and then into the service bay. The tech guessed right away that it was the HPOP fitting. Computer confirmed no pressure. So, here I am in a hotel, 400 miles from home, and he will have my truck put back together in the morning. Thanks Ford, for trying to save 50 cents!

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bummer !

where are you ? maybe someone can buy you a beer or dinner ?

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He seemed like a pretty competent tech, he knew what the problem was right away, and was going to get started. He said he had the bracket kit in stock. I'm kinda stuck here, and there's not an IH dealer anywhere close by. So I will just have to go with this fix.

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it all back together and back on the road. I was fueled and hooked back up and on the road at 1 o clock. It died on me at 3 the day before. Took quite a while, but what can you do. He also replaced the EGR cooler coolant hose, as it was starting to leak. Threw in a new dipstick for the factory one that I had taped up as it broke. It was a great dealership and an excellent tech who really knew what he was doing. IMHO it's a better dealer than my local dealer. Considering I had just driven through the middle of nowhere, I was very lucky that it broke down where it did.

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did the angry icon get assigned to this thread? I don't think I clicked on it. If so, I didn't mean too, I'm not mad or anything, it wasn't that big of a deal.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad your back on the road...and considering the amount of
work that tech had to perform to get TO the pump, Id say
he worked pretty fast.

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was pleased. He said Ford pays 8 hours labor, and he said it was possible to do it in 1/2 that. And he was just finishing up another job when I got there.

I see I can edit the post to get rid of the angry icon too. Man, all my problems are solved now!

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
My truck is also hard to start, might be that to. It never worked to good since I bought it, It stalls all the time when I let go the clutch. I will go to the dealer sometime next week. I can't afford to run it now anyway. Using my $2000 Miata, that has been a blessing here in Florida.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is also hard to start, might be that to. It never worked to good since I bought it, It stalls all the time when I let go the clutch. I will go to the dealer sometime next week. I can't afford to run it now anyway. Using my $2000 Miata, that has been a blessing here in Florida.

Where in florida are you??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14