HPOP hoses

wilsonbaird

wilsonbaird
Reaction score
Hi guys!
Just for the sake of curiosity:

Ford recommend change the hoses that feed the injectors with high pressured oil @ 100K. As mine truck has about 200k I think was about time, so I ordered new hoses from Ford dealer. When I went to replace, I realized the new ones are made of some kind of plastic or similar, and the old ones are of steel braided, looking even better than the new ones! I did change it, but have a sense of being beat...

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the steel braiding on the outside of a hose is only there for abrasion resistance. It is not there for structural purposes. Likely someone did an analysis and determined that the structure of the hose was compromised before any abrasion would impact the integrity of the hose.

That being said it sucks if you replaced them with genuine parts and they've downgraded the quality of the parts.

wilsonbaird

wilsonbaird
Reaction score
HPOP Hose

:(
the steel braiding on the outside of a hose is only there for abrasion resistance. It is not there for structural purposes. Likely someone did an analysis and determined that the structure of the hose was compromised before any abrasion would impact the integrity of the hose.

That being said it sucks if you replaced them with genuine parts and they've downgraded the quality of the parts.

Yap!! They are genuine parts purchase at my wholesaler Ford dealer

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sadly this isn't the first time that the Dealer supplied parts are not the same as what was OEM, and in many cases the dealer's can't even get what was supplied on the vehicle.

wilsonbaird

wilsonbaird
Reaction score
HPOP Hose

sadly this isn't the first time that the Dealer supplied parts are not the same as what was OEM, and in many cases the dealer's can't even get what was supplied on the vehicle.

Well, I just hope they will last the said 100K

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58