HPOP hump vs no hump

Dale_Lakin

Powerstroke Wannabe Owner
Reaction score
What the world are people talking about when they make reference to the "hump" on some HPOP's? I have a couple of each in stock and it looks to me that there is no difference but I really don't know where to look.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Dale_Lakin said:
What the world are people talking about when they make reference to the "hump" on some HPOP's? I have a couple of each in stock and it looks to me that there is no difference but I really don't know where to look.
Dang you got me on that one Dale :dunno

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dale_Lakin said:

Me too Dale..... What portion of the HPOP is being referenced when the term "HUMP" is used ??

:dunno

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I've read where the "hump" pumps are the more desirable. What's the difference? :dunno I think the the one's with the humps tend to put out a little more pressure. Maybe Bean will chime in and enlighten us! :)

bdp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Dale, look on teh back of the pump, there is a plate that has a snap ring on it. That plate on most pumps is flat, just a flat plate. On the desireable ones there is a small step in that plate. when you find one you will know.

Dale_Lakin

Powerstroke Wannabe Owner
Reaction score
I have both the F81Z9A543BRM and the F81Z9A543CRM on my desk right now and they both have the hump.

First picture is a BRM second one is CRM

bdp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thats the bugger in teh pic.

bdp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the one with the hump has 2* more swash plate angle then teh other one, that translates into more flow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58