HPOP removal 2005 6.0L F-250

alexbeda

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
First of all Hi to everyone, I'm a Newbie, before I ask my question let me just give you a short history of what happened on my truck, it's just stall one afternoon,.. check fuses, fuel filter ..etc ..but no luck ..it won't start anymore, but it cranking though, anyways i've read so many threads and did check the PCM, FICM CPS, CKP Fuel pump, Fuel pressure, Fuel filters IPR and ICP and found everything were okay, so I ended up in removing HPOP to check Snap to connect fittings...So my question is this, Is there any of you guys can help me on how to remove and install HPOP? I have a 2005 F-250 XL superduty 6.0L engine.

Thanks!

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Hpop

This is general, remove intake tube, charge air cooler tubes, disconnect all electrical connectors around and on intake, remove fuel filter and oil filter base and filter assemblies. remove turbocharger oil feed. removed intake then turbocharger along with drain. HPOP is in the intake valley and has to be pulled staight up after IPR is unplugged and bolts removed. The fittings your talking about connect to the branch tubes which I have seen fail and what a job, heads, tranny etc have to come off and out. Good luck to you my friend and welcome to SDD!!!

alexbeda

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Finally, got it out,..for 3 hours... problem is on STC fiiting o-rings.

see attached pictures!

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool, how could you tell that was the problem. and keep us posted on if it solves the problem

alexbeda

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well, by looking on the O-ring itself after I disconnect the fittings I've noticed that the inner diameter was torn, sorry, did not zoom the pics. also when I removed the the "Snap to Connect Fitting" its a little bit loose between the Male and female end...did order already a replacement kit and hopefully it will come on monday..By the way please see attached replacement parts No. I pull out from the net....maybe it would help.... will keep you posted.

HOTVET67

06 F350 LOADED
Reaction score
Nice pictures alex - my 06 had the same problem , but would not start when hot.

Looks like all the 6.0's should have this done under a factory recall , it's getting to be a well known factory defect.

alexbeda

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks....@ HOTVET67 - please check the attached link, because your problem is one of the symptoms of HPOP failure. "starts when it's cold but won't when it's hot"...i agree with you this should be address for a recall.

Diesel Technician Society

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14