HPOP ?

ward cleaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed Tony Wildman's chip in my truck and it lights up like ze skyrocket, but the c.e.light comes on. Tony says it's likely the hpop not keeping up.
_______ What year would I look for at the junkyard?

I Found these HPOPS below at Delphi. Which is the one that'll fit my 97 and stop the C.E.L. problem? Tony says I need one from a newer super-duty to put out more power. Do I also need an IPR or can I run the existing one?

HIGH PRESSURE OIL PUMPS & COMPONENTS
Year Description Part Number:
2001-00 High Pressure Oil Pump* HTP108
1999-98 High Pressure Oil Pump* HTP107
1997-96 High Pressure Oil Pump* HTP105

Last edited:

ytee

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I believe the hpop you want is the one off the newer trucks (htp 108). You will be able to use your existing ipr. Probably would be a good idea to buy a rebuild kit and put new o-rings on it while you have it out.

Chris

ward cleaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so which of these numbers below (taken from the partslist page) is the HTP108?

High Pressure Oil Pump (Includes F81Z-AA IPR valve; uses F4TZ-A gasket)
(Ford) F4TZ-9A543-BRM (engine serial no. up to 201680)
(Ford) F6TZ-9A543-ARM (engine serial no. 201681 through 99)
(Ford) F81Z-9A543-CA (99.5)
(Ford) F81Z-9A543-BRM (98.5/99)
(Ford) F81Z-9A543-CRM (99.5)

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
I gots a question... Does the light rest after you turn the engine off and back on?

I have some burns of twildman, and whenever I hit around 30psi the light came on, I read somewhere that the computer will throw the light with boost over 26psi. I never lost power just the light comes on but resets when you turn off the truck. next time it does it, now that I have the AE program, I will see what code is thrown.

You didn't say you lost power.... I may be wrong but if thet HPOP wasn't keeping up I would think that you wouldn't be losing power.

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KD,
I hate to admit that I have been researching this very topic over "there".:sorry
Here is a thread on how to use AE to check on the health of your HPOP.

I believe that you are correct in that the CEL will come on when the engine 'overboosts'.

Ward,
Maybe you can get someone to test your HPOP with AE before shelling out the cash for a new one.

fgtex

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
KD,

Our OBS trucks wont set a CEL with overboost. And the light will go out each time the key is shut off for the P1211 code.

ward cleaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted a question about a scraping noise I'm hearing, thinking it was my turbo going to pot, but when I crawled on top of the engine today the noise was coming from the HPOP area. The turbo was purring quiet as a kitten. Guess I need a new HPOP, right?

rtxcoon

She Smokes a little!!!
Reaction score
for the scrapping noise-- make sure its not your belt, vacuum pump, alternator, or belt tension pully first....
as for the cel? dunno....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14