hub bearing cover?? missing

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
hers pics of my pass side inside view of rotor area, how do i fix the missing cover?? i would like to go on the beach but dont want to ruin my hub
1.jpg
[/IMG]
heres the driver side one what it should be like
2.jpg

[/IMG]
3.jpg
[/IMG]
4.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
That is a dust seal........to call it a seal is using the term loosely.

Tbar

On edit........that is the outer seal, not the inner dust shield. You need to fix that.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
:dunnohow do i fix it??? :dunnobad seal and driving on sand at beach dont sound good????

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
so what are the thoughts with the sand etc?? is there a ways to protect against sand getting in there with out replacing ball joints, u-joint and the hub, they are all fine still, its just the outer seal thats bad

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
so what are the thoughts with the sand etc?? is there a ways to protect against sand getting in there with out replacing ball joints, u-joint and the hub, they are all fine still, its just the outer seal thats bad

I edited my response above. Yes you can only fix that seal but it is such a PIA getting there you might save yourself a lot of grief down the road doing the other things.

As I recall that seal is a real bear to get on and off. Making or purchasing a special drive tool is recommended.

Tbar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14