Hutch Mod?

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While doing some searching I found a article on a helper/lift pump that a guy installed between the tank and factory pump. He had done the hutch mod and prepump filter and apparently was having problems with the factory fuel pump crapping out(I assume because its now working harder to pull fuel threw the prepump filter) Is this a common problem with this Mod?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While doing some searching I found a article on a helper/lift pump that a guy installed between the tank and factory pump. He had done the hutch mod and prepump filter and apparently was having problems with the factory fuel pump crapping out(I assume because its now working harder to pull fuel threw the prepump filter) Is this a common problem with this Mod?

I, for one, have never heard of this problem. :dunno

I have heard of wiping out a pump by running it To Long DRY.. while trying to prime the system after tank work/filter changes, and the like.

(Why I always use my Shop-Vac)

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joe. I'm putting ball valves on each side of my filter and My plan is to fill the new filters with fuel before I put them on!

Broncofever4

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I did mine in November and no problems.

I filled the filter just to be safe.

It made a big change in my truck. Top end is alot better.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine done along with the harpoon mod and I have put 150 miles and the fuel gauge hasnt moved yet! Cant wait to see how many miles I get out of a tank now.

twt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tbar . I sure wish I had done that when I took the mixing valve out of the tank.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14