hvop leaking oil everywhere!!!

The Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it`s my hpop leaking like a sieve on the back side! right underneath the fuel filter!!! does anybody know if it is a replaceable seal??? It`s on the bottom of the round circle looking thingy!!!! I lost all my oil today and It was quite the smoke show!!!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
yes, yes & yes.

Mine's leaking, too. Lost two gallons of oil in the last week.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I believe it`s my hpop leaking like a sieve on the back side! right underneath the fuel filter!!! does anybody know if it is a replaceable seal??? It`s on the bottom of the round circle looking thingy!!!! I lost all my oil today and It was quite the smoke show!!!

Sounds like the area you describe is around the IPR. The IPR is serviceable with an o-ring kit available from IH or from Ford for more money.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes both are serviceable, you will need to get the parts from IH though as ford does not sell the parts.

I have seen conflicting results some say that the reseal kit only lasted them a couple weeks and others said that it made things worse, but there were some that it did fix the problem for them.

So if you're in a hurry and need the truck back running dependably asap then buy a new hpop if not then search "non-serviceable" in the forums & wiki and you should get what you're looking for.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Oh and BTW:

You can pull the IPR with a deepwell socket. But a normal deepwell won't quite do it. The tip of the IPR wants to go into the square hole your ratchet goes. To get one of those to work, you have to weld a piece of flat bar across the top as a handle.

What worked for me was a deepwell for removing the nut on the end of a GM front drive axle shaft. I talking the nut in the very center that you have get off to change the bearing hub. The socket is deeper than a typical socket and close enough to the right size to work.

Last edited:

The Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I found the oil leak!!! it was the plug on the back side of the hpop!! wen`t to the stealership and bought a seal kit 16$ 30 min later I`m on the road!! the rubber o ring was gone !! thanks for the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58