HX crossover mod ?

rathbone

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What does this mod consist of "HX crossover mod" I'm new to this site as well as diesels.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have not heard of the "HX Crossover mod" for 6.0 engines. There is an oil line crossover mod for the 7.3 engines. Anyone know of this???

Dave

rathbone

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Oh ok I didn't think it was for the 6.0 but figured I would ask since everybody with the 7.3 were doing this mod. Thanks

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Cross Over Line - This line Connects the rear to fuel port on the cylinder together creating a fuel loop and minimizing the fuel pressure spikes created during the injection process. $99.95

HERE is the link to Long Island Diesel. you can get just the cross over line, a few other fuel system lines, or you can buy a complete regulated fuel return system.

ITP Diesel also sells the regulated fuel return system for the 6.0.

I have one that should be here next week, plus a head stud kit from elite-diesel.com

this is their stage 1 system. you can also buy it from discount power parts.

Stage 1: This is our regulated return system. This kit is designed to supply Stage 1 or Stage 2 Injectors, but is also beneficial to trucks with stock injectors and aggressive tuning. Fuel supply volume from the factory filter housing is increased by replacing the restrictive banjo bolts and lines with larger full flow fittings and braided steel hoses. Pressure is controlled by an auxiliary fuel pressure regulator. Fuel no longer dead-heads at the back of the cylinder head but is now circulated through the head, out to the pressure regulator and then back to the fuel tank. This system ensures that new fuel is constantly flowing to the injectors and is continually purging air from the fuel system. Included in the Stage 1 kit are Full-flow fittings, braided supply and return lines, Aeromotive pressure regulator, and regulator mounting kit.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
A H/X mod is a hose style or hard tube that connects the high pressure oil gallery of one cylinder head to the other on a 7.3. The concept in general is that it balances pressure imbalances between the two sides providing smoother, quieter running & idling.

Some have said it is "snake oil", while others (including myself) have seen noticable improvements. One other improvement I have noticed is the elimination of the loping manner in which a cold engine starts in cold weather.

I have used the KCM H/X style for several years now without problem. I have tried several hose types, all of which have started leaking after a period of time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14