hypertech claims i can tow max weight

aldo_45030

Full Access Member
Reaction score
without exhaust temp concerns while towing level 3.......any comments ???
I don't have any gages at this time trying to save up some funds.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i would be very :watchout
get gauges and ask em for a full test report
i would like to see a tow boss chipped and still able to pull 18.1k with no temps issues :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

read carefully

it doesnt say driving WOT loaded with 18k

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
aldo_45030 said:
without exhaust temp concerns while towing level 3.......any comments ???
I don't have any gages at this time trying to save up some funds.
uummmmmm no............!!!

And unless you want to dip further into the lack of funds for spendy repairs, dont tow max weights until you get some gauges.

aldo_45030

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as i read further i guess this is why they offer the other levels .......
Sounds like i had better stay in 2 if not 1.

We now have two new part numbers for the Ford Power Stroke 7.3L diesel (part #41040 for 2001-2003 and part #41039 for 1999-2000). There are two additional new diesel releases: Part number #30021 is for the 2001-2004 GM 6.6L Duramax, and #50009 is for the 1998 1/2-2002 Dodge Cummins. To all of these, we've added our three stages of power tuning, each designed to match a range of driving and towing needs. Of these, Stage Three is the strongest. For the Powerstroke, this stage provides an additional 100 horsepower and 164 ft.-lbs. of torque, with plus 90 horsepower and 150 ft.-lbs. of torque for the Duramax!

Why the two added tuning options?

When operated under heavy loads and for long periods of time, diesels can build up excessive heat in their engines and transmissions. When that occurs, the check-engine light may come on, or flash off and on, as a warning to either back off on the power level or lighten the load. While you can't always lighten the load, Hypertech's three-stage tuning lets you select the maximum power tuning level that can be safely used under high load conditions.

I will say that the level 3 of the hypertech seems to be = to level 1 of the superchips which was for 6000 lb + towing. .....come on guys buy up those 16 position chip from jody and sell me your old on cheap screw this thing the claims seem to be to good to be true as i am finding out.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rgdillon said:
Of course they do - cause they don't have to pay for your tranny or motor when it lets loose - :eek:

Ron
How many times do we have to say it. Get the gages FIRST. Learn what's going on under the hood before you add any mods. You will be glad you did.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Absolutely get gages first. This is the only way you will know if your motor is running safe or not. It is better than burning up pistons. Cheaper too.

Dave

95psdF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a customer that has fleet of 1-tons for hauling boats. He has a 2002 that he has been running a Hypertech programmer on the High setting for over a year now with NO gauges and it still has the stock intake and exhaust.

Not sure what kind of weight he is pulling but I am sure a 18-20 foot fiberglass bass boat on top and a 32-36 foot party barge potoon behind it is a pretty good load to be pulling. I have even seen a 18 foot pontoon boat on top and two 24-26 foot pontoons behind and I am sure that is a heck of a load considering the wind they catch.

This truck is on the road all the time going across country and in all the moutains and he has had ZERO trouble out of it since he has been running it. I am not sure if he is just lucky or what but I told him along time ago I would not be running like that at all especially when those drivers drive as hard as they can go all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14