Hypertech Max Energy or E-Con?

LCW

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Anyone running these in a 6.0? The performance increase would be nice, but my main interest is in the fuel mileage increase. 13mpg in town just sucks. How much of an increase are you seeing?

Coastal6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm running a hypertech PP3 which is the same as the max energy programmer according to hypertech. Just got mine updated and asked specifically if there was a difference between the two and the tech said don't switch because they are one in the same, just in a restyled box. I'm getting roughly 20-22 mpg depending on how i drive. Old mpgs 16-17. Good thing about the hypertech is that to tow you do not need to back down the power level. I leave mine on level 3 all the time w/ no problems so far.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
Just got my e-con installed and I find the power is great. Where I was in 3rd at 99% Load it runs now on 4th at 74% load. I get around 19 MPG and so far have not seen to much increase in MPG. I had it set on setting B, I have now set it on setting A. The reading on MPG are completly out out of sink on my indicator. I was off by 38% on the millage indicateor that showed 26MPG and actualy 19 MPG. Now it hardly shows above 14 MPG but I am sure it is also off. So I have reset and will know when I do a long trip again. Sure hate to take the truck out with fuel at over $6.00 per USG here in NB, Canada. I was getting great fuel millage before installing the E-Con compare to last summer. It was in my driving habit.

jamzin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm using Hypertechs Power Programmer III and have increased towing mpg by 2 mpg, paid for itself in 6000 miles. The trucks like a Hot Rod when I'm not towing but I haven't verified the MPG non towing.
Your DIC mileage will be off by as much as 40% so calculate it manually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14