Hypertech power programmer???

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been contacted to trade a hypertech power programmer for some stuff I have on CL. Before I make the deal Id like to read some personal reviews on the item. Does anyone have one? Im collecting mods for my 01 7.3.

thanks in advance!:sweet

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using a Hypertech programmer. I leave it on the max setting most of the time. I researched tuners about 4 years ago and there was a test in Diesel Tuner magazine that showed the Hypertech on top and it kept the EGT's at a safe level all the time. I'm very happy with it but at some point I will probably go with another type of programmer. I'm after a little more power in the future.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
make sure he returns the tune off his truck to the programmer..
you can only do one truck at a time with it..

SuperDuty99&01

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok I owned a hypertech the have their pros and cons as with any tuner. I swapped mine out for a Diablo sport and have never regretted it. I run my trucks on Max all the time towing or not and never experienced any issues with with one. I do now have slightly higher EGT's now. It all depends on what u want or expect to have out of you truck. Just my two cents worth.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a hypertech and a SCT there both good. I get more MPG on the econ tune and my high idle works on the hypertech. On the SCT I have better towing and braking with my 5th wheel but my high idle does not work.

Also if you have a after market air intake hypertech will tell you not to go over setting 2 on the power. There tuners are set for stock trucks with stock air intakes.But they dont say this in the paper work. I had to call them and talk to there tec guy about the high boost numbers I was getting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58