Hyster cab lift

bendog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno Could a guy simply remove the front bumper, and front tires, slip some square tubing of the proper size and thickness over the forks, weld verticle supports to the fork extensions under the cab mounts, lift from the front and remove the cab for the cost of 18' or so of tubing plus an hour hyster rental on friday and another hour on monday? If so, besides headstuds what would/should be installed during this body off experience?

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
What are your plans for the truck? how much power are you hoping to make?
I would recomend the head studs, beyond that depends on what you want to do with the truck, there are lots of things you could do,

Have the heads drilled and tapped for additional coolant lines to prevent hot spots (I don't know alot about this, for more info contact Elite Diesel)

A regulated Return fuel system would be alot easier to put on with the cab off, or just a fuel crossover line

It would be really easy to do a turbo back exhaust
EGR block off plate or EGR delete

Let us know what your goals are, and we can better advise ;)

bendog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mostly I just want to fix a very mild case of the pukes with headstuds and checking the heads and block for warpage (fire rings?) in order to put a tuner on eventally. Ive already unplugged and blocked the EGR installed a coolant filter and switched to Evans coolant. It only pukes a very small amount when pulling 10K up a long hill, But I pull like this every other weekend. All I want is what a mild tune (mostly tranny) can give me RELIABILITY is very important. But if anything else is easy to do while Im at it I may as well do it. Just trying to figure a plan and cost early. It would be great to get a little or alot more power but it must be reliable. Thanks.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigtruk