I almost had a heartattack today...

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to Home Depot to get some things for a church activity we are involved in. I came out, and smelled that sickening sweet smell. I looked under my truck to find a HUGE puddle. I am thinking that this could be a very bad day. I have had 109,000 very reliable miles from this truck, and was not looking forward to lifted heads, etc. and did not have time to do Studs before I needed it to do some mountain pulling.
I popped the hood, and started looking around. As I looked closer, it appears that the reservoir tank has a crack in it just above where the main hose is exiting the tank.
At least it is a relatively simple fix.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
Way to go these trucks are not bad all the time, we need to start thinking that small things can happen to.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
Way to go these trucks are not bad all the time, we need to start thinking that small things can happen to.
There was a GM Duramax in the yard today and the fender liner had wornout his brake line on the driver side, and he had no brakes. I can only imagine how weak those lines are. No Protection on it

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
There was a GM Duramax in the yard today and the fender liner had wornout his brake line on the driver side, and he had no brakes. I can only imagine how weak those lines are. No Protection on it.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it was something small. Had mine to that to me turned out to be the water pump.

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a GM Duramax in the yard today and the fender liner had wornout his brake line on the driver side, and he had no brakes. I can only imagine how weak those lines are. No Protection on it.

Speaking of Duramax, a friend of mine is a service guy for GM, he had a new 09 come in his shop wouldnt run, it would idle, the guy was pulling a new 34 foot boat, The Duramax, new version, wont do a regen when pulling a heavy load to keep from over heating,and when it tries more then 3 times it will shut down then engine to an idle, you have to stop for a period of time let it do its regen, and then its ok.

what a waste. of time.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh that would be bothersome.

The final report is that I had to pull a trailer that I know was well beyond the rated capacity of my truck into the mountains, Sunrise, if you know Arizona, so multiple 6 or 7 mile hills. Ran like a charm, except the obvious slowdowns because it was so heavy. It never over heated, and never had a problem.

Before you blast me, we had someone with an f-450 scheduled to pull it, and he backed out because of lack of wanna. Made me angry, but, it had to be done.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A minimum of about 20k. I got 5.4 MPG for the haul. My 10 k travel trailer, over the same haul gets 9.6mpg. I had the airbags inflated to 120 PSI, and it still did not level out the truck. It dropped about 2 inches at full inflation.

atk

Reaction score
A minimum of about 20k. I got 5.4 MPG for the haul. My 10 k travel trailer, over the same haul gets 9.6mpg. I had the airbags inflated to 120 PSI, and it still did not level out the truck. It dropped about 2 inches at full inflation.

:cop.....:D.....:lmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg