I already wrote an introduction, but now I have pics!!

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as some of you know I got an offer to take a company rig as my own instead of a raise, since it is a family business once the truck is paid off it will be signed over to me as a "bonus" (2 years left on the loan) since I haven't received one in a couple of years. So I am selling my f150 to save the money from truck payments and insurance (around 500 a month). So it is a win win situation since we have been paying on the truck for 2 years already, its no more money out of the companies pocket to give me a raise, and I am saving more than I would by getting a regular raise.

I have my mods sitting in my garage, I sold the brushguard off of my f150 and ordered a WAAG front runner bumper guard, same one as this pic.

18333-F250-FR.jpg

Im looking for a gauge pillar, gauges, and a tuner for it. As well as an intake.

I am trading a 1976 pinball machine... yes a pinball machine for a magnaflow pro 4" turbo back exhaust, that will be installed on monday.

so here are the pics, its a 2001 F-350 crew cab 7.3 diesel, 3 inch lift in the front 2 inch in the rear. its sitting on 315/75/r16 mud terrain TXR's

DSC01798.jpg

DSC01799.jpg

DSC01800.jpg

DSC01801.jpg

And heres the mods off of my 150 ready to be put in my SD. Im looking to trade my 2 10 inch subs for 2 8 inch, or 1 12 inch "truck" sub.

DSC01805.jpg

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Wow sounds good to me! Looks like a really clean truck too. And since its your businesses truck, you probably have all the service records and everything. Looks like its been really well takin care of. How many miles it? Looks like its got some diff wheels. Any engine mods on it right now?

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has 105k, unfortunately we bought it used with 95k on it, so we only have the service records weve done.... and by service records i mean my memory of servicing it ha ha. Ive put the 10k on it over the past few years when we needed to run a second truck, but now I get it as my DD.

as for engine mods it doesnt have anything, Im getting the turbo back exhaust on monday, and Im shopping for an intake, chip and tuner.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Wow not even broken in yet! I'd suggest the DIY intake. Made a big diff on mine. If you go into the wiki page there are tons of little mods to do on these motors. I just did the KCM HPX line on mine and it helped. Ive heard good things on the DP chip. Im probably gonna go with that one. Def get gauges first before you do any chips or tuners. Got to keep an eye on the EGT, trans temp and boost vitals.

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is this wiki page on the forum somewhere? im brand new to diesels, ive had nothing but fords, but all gas motors. EGT- exhaust gas temp? pyrometer right? im just making sure i get the right gauges ha ha ha

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Yea up in the VERY RIGHT CORNER of this website page it says SDDtechincal articles wiki. Click there and you will be pretty much in the encyclopedia of super dutys. Also RammerTide posted a website address to TONS of superduty links. I cant remember which one it is. I still havnt even scratched the surface in that area. Im still learnin. Yes you are correct about the EGT's. Usually everyone gets the 3 gauge a-pillar pod kit from autometer or ISSPRO. I've seen one that glowshift makes but there are mixed reviews I've read about them. Im personally lookin at autometers triple gauge pod kit. Has EGT, trans temp and boost. Those are the most common. But I will be gettin other gauges too like probably a fuel pressure gauge, clock, oil pressure, and maybe rear diff temp gauge. You can never have too many gauges. These guys on here are great and will help ya out eminsely! Best site to be on!

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, Im looking forward to learning more about the 7.3. I hope to get to the point where I can contribute as much as I take in.

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bdons what brand are those fender flares ??? Also nice truck bubba

Thanks man!
I believe they are Bushwacker extend-a-fender, painted to match. they were on the truck when we bought it, but my dad wanted a pair for his f250 to match so I looked them up. His f250 is an identical match to mine, except its a 2002, grey interior, just a super cab and not lifted.

On another note, I had my 4 inch magnaflow turbo back put on the other day... BIG difference, good deal, Free pinball machine traded for an $700 exhaust.... Now I just need to find a nice tip..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58