I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Nope--nursing is a great career option and good nurses are a vital part of any healthcare operation, but it's not a career path I want to pursue.

My mother in law is a nurse. She catches babies for a living. Some of the stories she tells. Mein Gott! Not a career path I'd be interested in, either.

Working with egomaniac doctors that blame you for all their mistakes, with patients that expect you to be there for their every whim and beck and call, with MOTHERS IN LABOR just for fun...

Again, Mein Gott!!! I'm glad someone can do it. Sure am.

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
My mother in law is a nurse. She catches babies for a living. Some of the stories she tells. Mein Gott! Not a career path I'd be interested in, either.

I did my Labor and Delivery (L&D) and Post partum, clinicals at Parkland Hospital, Dallas' county hospital. If you have ever seen the episode of "I Love Lucy" where Lucy and Ethel work in a chocolate factory and the conveyor belt keeps speeding up.......well that is what it is like at Parkland L&D. We had babies backed up waiting to get into the nursery. It was crazy you couldn't get them processed quick enough, then there would be a lull, but before you knew it...here they come again. 24 - 7. You couldn't pay me enough to work in that unit because there isn't enough money in the world.

I will say that this is the most rewarding thing I have ever done, and I have had a job or two. All in all not a bad way to make a living.
Craig

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14