I caught a ....FISH THIS Big

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Black STX said:
30 PSI of Boost? Wow thats a lot. Do you have a chip or something. My truck won't see over 24 PSI now. When It was new I would see 27 at times, that was it.

I also had the turbo replaced about 15k ago, I wonder if the new flash will help the VGT get a little more PSI out of the turbo. :burnit

Oh and here is a picture of what I tow with my PSD
30's a lot, i usually stop at around 25, cause i don't wanna break anything :D

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Robert, I hate to pee in your wheaties, pal, but I am not really all that impressed. -popcorn

You have 4.30 gears, I would expect you to have been even further ahead of him if you were pushing your truck as hard as you say you were... He only had 3.73's in his truck. :eek:

I know it feels good to beat someone up a hill, but when you have the advantages over your competitor that you had, it sort of detracts from the victory, don't you think? :p Kind of like my buddy braggin that he beat me in a drag race when he was riding his R1 and I am on my quad... :p :p

Also, what makes you think he was pushing as hard as you were? I mean, you're old :)roflmao ) and rich :)roflmao) and can afford to break your truck. He may have been young like me and baby his truck :)roflmao :roflmao :roflmao ) because he cannot afford to repair it if it breaks!

Okay, I'm done being a sarcastic dufus.

I drove a Chevy 6-liter gasser 3/4 ton the other day, pulling a gooseneck at about 18K gross (maybe a little more, just guessing) up the Lewiston Grade out of (you guessed it!) Lewiston, Idaho. Top speed on the grade??? 35 MPH. Not bad for a gasser, i guess, but I pulled the same grade with my PSD with a bigger load and kept 60 MPH at 3/4 throttle without working it at all. If I'd have worked it over, I probably could have squeezed 75 out of it in no time. I have decided that I, like you, love having enough truck to do the job easily, and I, like you, get a feeling of sincere satisfaction when I pass guys like they are standing still when my load is bigger than theirs.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Hoss 350 said:
Robert, I hate to pee in your wheaties, pal, but I am not really all that impressed. -popcorn

A.:roflmao YUCK :D

You have 4.30 gears, I would expect you to have been even further ahead of him if you were pushing your truck as hard as you say you were... He only had 3.73's in his truck. :eek:

A. Me no push, she wasnt even groaning :D

I know it feels good to beat someone up a hill, but when you have the advantages over your competitor that you had, it sort of detracts from the victory, don't you think? :p Kind of like my buddy braggin that he beat me in a drag race when he was riding his R1 and I am on my quad... :p :p
A. when you get to be my age, I take victories no matter how one sided :roflmao :D

Also, what makes you think he was pushing as hard as you were? I mean, you're old :)roflmao ) and rich :)roflmao) and can afford to break your truck.
A. He was OLD :D , well at least My age :rolleyes: He may have been young like me and baby his truck :)roflmao ) because he cannot afford to repair it if it breaks!
A. yes I heard Chebies are $$ to fix when beatin by FORDS, , something to do with a broken heart.....BEAT:eek: :roflmao
Okay, I'm done being a sarcastic dufus.

I drove a Chevy 6-liter gasser 3/4 ton the other day, pulling a gooseneck at about 18K gross (maybe a little more, just guessing) up the Lewiston Grade out of (you guessed it!) Lewiston, Idaho. Top speed on the grade??? 35 MPH. Not bad for a gasser, i guess, but I pulled the same grade with my PSD with a bigger load and kept 60 MPH at 3/4 throttle without working it at all. If I'd have worked it over, I probably could have squeezed 75 out of it in no time. I have decided that I, like you, love having enough truck to do the job easily, and I, like you, get a feeling of sincere satisfaction when I pass guys like they are standing still when my load is bigger than theirs.

Thanks Hoss
somehow you make me feel so much better about my self now, i geuss we can cancel the therapist this week,:thanks
bad robert, :D, picking on little trucks,
to save my feeble little typing i greened my comments

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HIS
Cheby Duramax crew cab with topper SRW, pulling a dutchman TT about 30 feet long, Probably weighed about 9 or 10 k

Mine
Ford crew cab Dually towboss, 6.OOMG, Pulling our 14k High profile Fiver, certified combined wt of 23860lbs.

Some people just can't leave well enough alone. Robert, all you did was smoke another Chevy, there is no law against that.:burnit

Last edited:

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
Thanks Hoss
somehow you make me feel so much better about my self now, i geuss we can cancel the therapist this week,:thanks
bad robert, :D, picking on little trucks,
to save my feeble little typing i greened my comments
Just to make it totally clear, I was joking... You know that, right?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Hoss 350 said:
Just to make it totally clear, I was joking... You know that, right?

YEP, I would hope folks Know me by now, I was :D and :lmao :tounge the whole way, I was only limited by the number of :D :roflmao :eek: :sweet i could insert in my reply

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14