I did it!

jguzman75

McAllen, Texas
Reaction score
I ordered that bigboost thing from ebay and installed it last night. It claims to give more boost without showing a trouble code. You cut the line of the map sensor tube and install this thing between the map sensor and turbo. You also install a tube with a hole in it between the vacuum line to the wastegate acuator. I took it for a test drive last night and you can really feel more power. We'll see if the mileage increases also?

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't got no gauges? That is the true test to see if you got anymore power when you can see the boost numbers. The mind will always play tricks when you install something new.

Trying to understand what you installed right now. If you get a chance take some pics and post them for us to see that way we can get a better understanding.

Was it a boost fooler by chance?

jguzman75

McAllen, Texas
Reaction score
:eek: Yeah no gauges yet. I know I know. They are on my list to do next and I have posted questions about them and should have them in my hands this week. I will remove what I did and test it with gauges and install the mods after to get real numbers. I understand the mind playing tricks but I am sure that there is an increase in boost. I know my truck pretty well and it has NEVER moved like this before.:sly I will post some pics also for everyone to see.

dpantazis

Reaction score
its nothing more than a pressure regulator to bleed off excess pressure so the MAP only sees max OEM pressure.

the wastegate fooler is nothing more than plug to override the waste gate from opening. you are effectively eliminating the oveflow from the turbo.

it may feel good now, but you are going to wear out other stuff later.

jguzman75

McAllen, Texas
Reaction score
Is that what this section is all about? :dunno Power modifications are going to wear stuff out faster. All I am saying is that this thing works.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes this section is about power modifications however bypassing the wastegate can have very short term catastrophic damages.

However form what it sounds like you installed a tube for the actuation of the wastegate that is simply going to delay it's opening (depending on hole size in the tube) not keep it from opening.

Keep in mind that boost does not equal more power always when you get out of the intended range of the turbo it will provide more pressure but at a higher temp (less dense) so you're getting the same number of molecules of air into the cylinders.

The boost fooler is the part on the map tube and is good for keeping the CEL from throwing.

jguzman75

McAllen, Texas
Reaction score
I will get pictures for ya to see. The kit came with a small tube to delay the wastegate from opening. Before you could hear boost being released as the engine would go thru each gear but not anymore. Now was it a good idea to put it on? I can feel much more power but I am I getting power the wrong way?:confused:
Any input is appreciated!!!!!

Last edited:

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Hey guz , dont let em get ya down.Some folks are always negative and dont even mean to come off that way.Not saying all of you are here,lol.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think your hole filled wastegate actuator tube is a reasonable way to delay the opening of the wastegate.

Boost gauges will be beneficial for you but with the superchips tuner depending on setting you could be at or beyond the point of extra boost = no more power.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58