I did it!

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guz , dont let em get ya down.Some folks are always negative and dont even mean to come off that way.Not saying all of you are here,lol.

I don't want to sound negative or to put your mod down in anyway nor does anybody else on the site. We are not like that. There are guys on here that have just had more experience with aftermarket products and what happens in the long run. We are just here to let you know what could happen when you mod something out like this and to help to with questions you have about mods. Keep them up and you will be very happy.

jguzman75

McAllen, Texas
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all of your feedback. I will post some pics this weekend for you all to check out.

dpantazis

Reaction score
i am not knocking you or your mod. i was trying to warn you a little bit.

turbo failure aside, you REALLY need to check the IC tubing boots too. you need to make sure that they are stuck on good. if not, clean them up good and reinstall. boost fooler or no boost fooler, if you can;t keep the air where it belongs, then you are not accomplishing anything.

also, bad MAF's do not always throw any codes, you will just get slowly degrading power and fuel economy. so 'fooling' a bad MAF is pointless. and they are cheap too, like $65 or so.

FWIW- my truck with DP tuner 40tow/80econo chip will build a good 25-28 psi boost. i will not throw codes or defuel. plenty of power. stock wastegate, stock MAF.

dp

jguzman75

McAllen, Texas
Reaction score
Dang it!!! I knew I should have looked before I leaped. I will never impulse buy without asking the experts.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Get the guages and be sure for your self. The gauges will keep you from COOKING your motor when you can"feel". These engines will melt a piston in seconds if you are not careful. You have been warned.

Dave

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the guages and be sure for your self. The gauges will keep you from COOKING your motor when you can"feel". These engines will melt a piston in seconds if you are not careful. You have been warned.

Dave

^^^^^^ What he said, good call Dave

OBS96

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for being there guys.

I don't know if this is even the right place to post this, but I want you guys to know how much good your doing, and that is is appreciated alot. In the short time I've been a member, Ive learned there are no shotcuts that aren't going to cost engine life down the road. I'll always talk to you guys first, before any upgrades I do. I'm 49 years old. I don't have the time, or money to do it wrong. I don't mean to sound like I'm brown nosing, but you guys are doing a very good thing here. Pat yourselves on the back, you deserve it. Thank You

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OBS96 That is what we are here for. We are family here and would much rather help you out then watch you hurt your truck doing something that we know you shouldn't do. If that makes sence. There are alot of members here with different experiences on different mods so just ask when you have a question.

trouble

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i am not knocking you or your mod. i was trying to warn you a little bit.

turbo failure aside, you REALLY need to check the IC tubing boots too. you need to make sure that they are stuck on good. if not, clean them up good and reinstall. boost fooler or no boost fooler, if you can;t keep the air where it belongs, then you are not accomplishing anything.

also, bad MAF's do not always throw any codes, you will just get slowly degrading power and fuel economy. so 'fooling' a bad MAF is pointless. and they are cheap too, like $65 or so.

FWIW- my truck with DP tuner 40tow/80econo chip will build a good 25-28 psi boost. i will not throw codes or defuel. plenty of power. stock wastegate, stock MAF.

dp

depantazis, What do you mean when you say 'bad MAF's don't always throw codes?' What are MAF's? Also, I only am getting 15 psi of boost out of my early 99. How are you building so much boost with a stock wastegate?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58