I ended a long relationship today........

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
With Earthlink!

Here is the live chat....enjoy!

Vernon N' says: Thank you for contacting EarthLink LiveChat, how may I help you today?

[email protected]: I have purchased dsl service through another company. I need to cancel my service.

Vernon N: I will assist you with the cancellation procedure.

[email protected]: thank you

Vernon N: Please provide the secret pin number on your account, for verification purposes.

Vernon N: It is a 4 digit number.

[email protected]: ****

Vernon N: Thank you for the account verification information. I was able to verify your account.

[email protected]: I can never remember the pin

Vernon N: I see that you have EarthLink DSL services. Let me know the reason for switch to other provider.

[email protected]: I just need to cancel it , thanks. can we verify the account another way?

Vernon N: The account is verified. **** matches with our records.

Vernon N: EarthLink would very much like to keep you as a customer. If you could possibly provide further details about your reason for cancellation, perhaps we could come up with a solution that would not only be beneficial to you, but would also allow us the pleasure of continuing to serve you. #PFR#/DUC/C-S/probefurther

[email protected]: As stated above , I already have new DSL service. Can we please move past that and get it cancelled? Thanks

Vernon N: EarthLink does offer the Limited plan for only $9.95/month. This includes ten hours of dial up access. With this plan you can retain your EarthLink email address (which you can check from any connection), web space, etc. This type of account is great for traveling (we offer global roaming services as well, should you need to travel outside the country) or as a back up to your new ISP. #PFR#/DUC/C-S/OfferLimitedPlan

[email protected]: As stated above , I already have new DSL service. Can we please move past that and get it cancelled? Thanks

Vernon N: Are you interested in maintaining your email address so that you’ll still be able to keep in touch with friends and associates?

We offer a Premium Mail service, which will allow you to keep using 2 of your existing EarthLink email addresses for $3.95 per month. Each email address comes with 100mb of storage space.
Vernon N: With EarthLink Premium Mail you can keep your email address even if you change Internet service providers. The annual plan for 12 months is only $29.88 ($2.49 a month), which saves you $17.52 per year, and there's no early termination fee! Or, you can sign up for the monthly plan for just $3.95/month.

[email protected]: NO! let me be clear....I wish to cancel any service currently provided by Earthlink.

Vernon N: Okay,

[email protected]: Can we please get on with it.

Vernon N: Give me a minute while I cancel.

[email protected]: I hate break ups....there so uncomfortable...

Vernon N: I've taken care of canceling your service as of 06/26/08, your last charge date was 05/28/08 in the amount of $57.58. For your records the Cancellation Confirmation number is********* Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

[email protected]: We can still be friends....right?

Vernon N: Yes, we are and we will be.

[email protected]: I think thats about it, thank for the help

Vernon N: You are welcome.

Vernon N: Thank you for using EarthLink LiveChat. If you would like a copy of this chat emailed to you, you may choose that option upon closing this window. In the survey that appears, the second to last question will ask if you would like this emailed...choose Yes. In the last box, enter your email address...the entire chat session will be automatically sent to you. Should you need any further assistance, please feel free to return to EarthLink LiveChat.
Vernon N: Have a great day!
Vernon N: Bye.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If only we could get that kind of attention when we need service. I would drop EL in a heart beat, but who else is better, AOL????

Dave

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
If only we could get that kind of attention when we need service. I would drop EL in a heart beat, but who else is better, AOL????

Dave

I was paying EL for DSL and they sublet it to ATT who provides it for my area.

Since I have ATT home,wireless and Dish Network I saved about $30 a month going straight to ATT for the DSL.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg