I found my power loss between trucks

SuperDuty99&01

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Okay so I posted a while back about why my identically modified 99 didn't run as good as my 01. Well Saturday I found the problem while doing a 100yrd burn out in my 99 I gutted the turbo. Broke the shaft in it and sheared propeller on exhaust side. So seeing as how my 01 sits awaitin a cab I molested the turbo from it and WOW! Its like driving a whole different truck. Runs quieter smoother and makes about 27psi boost, and takes no time at all to bury the speedo past 100 now.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
That whistler def makes a diff!:innocent. Glad the motor didnt suck any more parts into the motor, could have been a bad day! :turbo

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Yer really lucky! haha:hail. We bought a fairly new New Holland LS180 skid loader that had a blown up motor. It sucked dirt for yrs before the turbo blew. Sadly the motor sucked most of the parts into the one cylinder and totally trashed it. Piston has shrapnel melted into it. Gave us a chance to fix it up and put bigger injectors and a turbo on it. A high performance loader haha. Very expensive but will be a damn good loader when its all done. :sweet

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it was the exhaust side of the turbo the only place the parts can go is out the tail pipe....if it was the composure side it would have to pass though the intercooler then past the screen in the plenums before it could go to the motor...

Last edited:

SuperDuty99&01

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well there aren't any screens in the plenum. Of my 99 first secondly if I would have had my rathers and could have dealte with the truck being down I would have updraded. I see a lot of guys on here have opted for the garret gtp38r and that's what I am considering. Any downsides? I don't plan on making 900hp. I put alotta miles on this truck, and it needs to pull hard fast and reliable.

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it still has to get through the IC before it gets to the heads any way's...them tubes in the IC are not all that big...i would still change the oil right off though..the 38R spools faster and flow's 33% more air then stock and handle up to 40 LB of boost.i see about 200* drop in EGT's with mine....it maxes out at about 500HP..very good choice for the DD or tow truck..it does whistle quite a bit with an open intake but i kinda like it that way..

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg