I got tired of rowing the ZF6...

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...So I made myself a new shifter knob.
DSCF0487.jpg

I really wanted to put my Hurst T-handle on there, but there simply isn't enough leg room. So, I bought a cue ball off of Evilbay, threw it in the lathe last night at work to bore out the hole, then warmed the shifter up with the propane torch and proceded to beat the new knob home.

I haven't driven it yet after the new mod, but since my right hand is in a cast anyway, it really doesn't matter. I've still been able to drive it, but I have to reach over to shift with my left hand sometimes for now. I can't wait to get rid of the cast and grab a few gears.

Last edited:

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
ok ok, lefty...

how did you run the lathe and how did you drive it home left handed w/o damaging it?

(my bad if you ARE left handed).....:innocent:sly

nice mod

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok ok, lefty...

how did you run the lathe and how did you drive it home left handed w/o damaging it?

(my bad if you ARE left handed).....:innocent:sly

nice mod

Thanks.

I am right handed, but I can shift fairly well except for going into 6th still hurts, so I have to reach across with my left hand for that...and sometimes for reverse and low. My arm hurts and it does suck, but I'm able to deal with it.

The lathe, same way, just use my left hand mostly. I'm really lucky that I am still able to keep working my regular job, even if it is MUCH, MUCH slower than usual.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
When a person has time on his hand , we surely find ways to get it done. Jpb well done.
I like the switches on that Brake panel. I put my Pyro gauge there

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14