i had a productive sick day

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
YouTube - f-250 351W rev

there is still a lot of wiring left to be done in the cab. also the exhaust is 3/4 done just needs a few finishing touches. then its just brake lines and alignment...........and i suppose the dreaded "work out the bugs" stage begins. lets hope there arent any/many. :D

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
YouTube - f-250 351W rev

there is still a lot of wiring left to be done in the cab. also the exhaust is 3/4 done just needs a few finishing touches. then its just brake lines and alignment...........and i suppose the dreaded "work out the bugs" stage begins. lets hope there arent any/many. :D

But it has spark plugs.:eek: Everbody knows real trucks don't have spark plugs.:lmao

Sounds good man.:D Next video will be:burnit :cool:

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds good! I love a good 351. I am in the process of starting a build on a 351W myself (DOOE block and heads) gonna bore it and stroke it to a 408!
Is that a project your brothers working on or a repair job?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
thats my brothers first ride (although he has been taking mom's car until this is done)

we took 100% of the wiring inside and out and started from scratch. the PO had taken the efi off and set it all on the fender. they put the carb on, but tried to tune it with 70psi of efi fuel pressure running into it. also they ran an EGR line into a vac port on the carb. they hacked the crap out of the wiring everywhere. we took care of all that!

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow 70psi, must have had gas squirting out all over the place! I am surprised it didn't damage any floats or gaskets in the carb.
Did you replace the entire harness? if so what did you use, a Painless?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
Wow 70psi, must have had gas squirting out all over the place! I am surprised it didn't damage any floats or gaskets in the carb.

dont worry, it did! they never got it running well enough to effectively run the truck down the road. the high pressure fuel wasnt the big problem though. the egr running directly into the vac ports is what did the real damage.

100% wiring by aaron and alden (me and my brother). we scavenged connectors here and there from the old harness, but everything else is fresh wire straight off the spool. its getting to be a headache now that we are nearing the end, but it was a good project and my brother is learning a lot and will be able to diag and fix his own truck when we are done.

burnout videos will follow, dont worry!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58