and in the words of a famous cook

BAM

just couldnt pass up another little toy

bersa thunder 380, :D

time to go clean it and get ready to shoot the new off it tomorrow

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
your Gander Mtn must have a better firearm section then mine..
best I've found is a Browning Auto 5 Light 12 choked "real full" and almost no original bluing...

for $600

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up anew gun today myself. Got me one of them souped up pellet rifles. Finally joined everyone else and got a 17HMR.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
your Gander Mtn must have a better firearm section then mine..
best I've found is a Browning Auto 5 Light 12 choked "real full" and almost no original bluing...

for $600

JL
they have a HUGEMACKNORMOUS firearm section,
best guess would be 200 pistols , one from each size, type and brand.
not to mention the used case with close to 75 sitting there begging for a pickup.

rifles and shotguns line the entire back wall and up one half thing, only bad thing about the firearms section is the lack of sales staff. only three are allowed to unlock pistols. but the service keeps you coming back, this store is still under some great management, the folks really know thier items and do go the extra mile to earn your sale.

i had to take the beretta 22 in for a small error when shooting, the two aft roll pins kept walking out 1/8" so i had the gunsmith replace em under warranty and yep i made the mistake to look at the pistols under glass, i was looking for a smaller one for concealed carry and i always had a thing for the bersa, it called out to me so to speak :eek::eek: ( the safeties on it make it ideal to carry loaded with one in the barrel, with almost no chance of you accidently shooting yourself, if you grab it fast) and i needed a red dot scope for the 22.
they had the BIG bass air slide setup outside to, thought about taking a slide :sly

it also has a built in keyed trigger lock that adds a third layer of unattended safety to it

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I go to the one in Paducah, Ky and love it. They typically have better prices than Bass pro or Cabelas. We're supposed to be getting one in town next spring can't wait.

dpantazis

Reaction score
PB- is that for you or MRS PB?

Sorry PB, I don;t mean to hijack..<rant on>

I HATE to go to GM now too, but for different reasons.

Gander was a regional outdoor store, originally from Wilmont, WI. They had a great mail order business too. They grew and grew and grew- to the point where their mail order business got bought up by Cabelas in like 1998... and part of that deal was non-compete mail order and Internet sales for 10 years. That let them focus on expanding their presence everywhere else. So, 10 years later, they are back online... hmmm.

I think that their quality and selection has decreased in the pursuit of profit. They have lost their focus of their core group of shoppers. Gander was my first choice for fishing and hunting gear, now it is my last. There might be 5 different decoys on display now, where before it was 5 dozen. I don;t want pink or purple North Face or Patagucci crap, I want the latest Max4 or NatGear parka to try on. I don't want rusticated furniture, I want a darn tree stand with the features I want.

I want duck gear available near/in duck season, not 3 months ahead. Now where I need another dozen decoys because my hunting partner forgot them at our last spot, I find kitchey Chritsmas crap. ????

There is always something on clearance and it makes me wonder how they make money. <rant off>

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
PB- is that for you or MRS PB?

Sorry PB, I don;t mean to hijack..<rant on>

I HATE to go to GM now too, but for different reasons.

Gander was a regional outdoor store, originally from Wilmont, WI. They had a great mail order business too. They grew and grew and grew- to the point where their mail order business got bought up by Cabelas in like 1998... and part of that deal was non-compete mail order and Internet sales for 10 years. That let them focus on expanding their presence everywhere else. So, 10 years later, they are back online... hmmm.

I think that their quality and selection has decreased in the pursuit of profit. They have lost their focus of their core group of shoppers. Gander was my first choice for fishing and hunting gear, now it is my last. There might be 5 different decoys on display now, where before it was 5 dozen. I don;t want pink or purple North Face or Patagucci crap, I want the latest Max4 or NatGear parka to try on. I don't want rusticated furniture, I want a darn tree stand with the features I want.

I want duck gear available near/in duck season, not 3 months ahead. Now where I need another dozen decoys because my hunting partner forgot them at our last spot, I find kitchey Chritsmas crap. ????

There is always something on clearance and it makes me wonder how they make money. <rant off>

WOW,
it was for both of us, if I dont carry, she does.
our GM here is always stocked full, but it could be because of the management and the youngness of the store
our nearest bass pro is to YUPPIFIED (near dallas) so trying to get any help is what you described from GM., if your not looking for a boat, your on your own.:(

seriously looking at my FFL to save $$$ on ammo, geeze 380 is high :rant

we did burn up 80 rounds in it this morning,
and another 200 or so in the 22

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally like Gander Mountain. I was at Cabela's today and half of the poeple there don't even hunt. Seems to me that Cabela's has become a fashion statement. Bass Pro Shops is fine to, but I have to drive into the middle of Harrisburg to get there, and I hate that town. But you can't beat their fishing selection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58