I have 3 questions on the 2008 F450?

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
On Ford's website in the photo gallery in the F450 section they show a black interior:
2008Super%20Duty%20450_6.jpg

but i dont see it as an option anywhere, i even whent through all the color options and couldnt find it. Any info? Was it a color used for the prototype but then dropped before production?

Question #2 - somebody posted a PDF (i think that's what it was) of updates for the new Super Duty and one of the options was a 19 Gal extra fuel tank and i dont see that option on thier website either. Is that for 2009 or later in the 2008 year?

#3 - Is there much difference (in comfort) between the captians chairs and the bench seat? I think i might go with the manual transmission and you cant get the captians chairs. After looking at pictures the seats almost look identical with the only diference being the center console/center seat.

Thanks for any info :thumbs

FX4DUDE

Diesel Die Hard
Reaction score
On Ford's website in the photo gallery in the F450 section they show a black interior:
2008Super%20Duty%20450_6.jpg

but i dont see it as an option anywhere, i even whent through all the color options and couldnt find it. Any info? Was it a color used for the prototype but then dropped before production?

Question #2 - somebody posted a PDF (i think that's what it was) of updates for the new Super Duty and one of the options was a 19 Gal extra fuel tank and i dont see that option on thier website either. Is that for 2009 or later in the 2008 year?

#3 - Is there much difference (in comfort) between the captians chairs and the bench seat? I think i might go with the manual transmission and you cant get the captians chairs. After looking at pictures the seats almost look identical with the only diference being the center console/center seat.

Thanks for any info :thumbs

The black interior seen above is an XLT SPORT.

The 19 gal tank is only available on cab/chassis

No comfort difference..

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
CAPTAINS CHAIRS!!!!!!!! but the bench seats in modern truck have come a long way, and really arent bad at all.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
The black interior seen above is an XLT SPORT.

I found it. The website is wrong, the XLT Sport option is not available in the F450 even though i found the picture in the F450 section and the picture was labeled as an F450. I had to look up the F350 and even then they are only available in the Automatic Trans because they are Captians. :rant

The 19 gal tank is only available on cab/chassis
Darn... I wonder if you can buy the 19 Gal tank through the dealer and have them install it. I wonder if there are clearance issues with the spare tank and the bed.

No comfort difference..

Thats good to know :thumbs and thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14