i have it all apart now wut?

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
well i decided to tackle my leaky up pipes, im going with SB chevy donuts, and i orderd all the turbo pedistul seals, and the oil rail seals from ITP, i got it all apart so what els should i do?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
well i decided to tackle my leaky up pipes, im going with SB chevy donuts, and i orderd all the turbo pedistul seals, and the oil rail seals from ITP, i got it all apart so what els should i do?

I've working the same issue lately. Bean from Bean's Diesel Performance recommends the Car Quest F17250 exhaust donuts.

While the bellowed up-pipes are one sweet solution for solving up-pipe leaks, Bean says after a while the bellows will crack and start to leak. He's also says the Car Quest ones work very well and are more reliable than the bellowed up-pipes in the long run, not to mention a LOT cheaper.

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
oh, i bought the felpro ones from b&b im sure they are the same, i put them on, good fit, but im still waiting for the seals and my hpx from itp what els did you do when you had it all apart?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
oh, i bought the felpro ones from b&b im sure they are the same, i put them on, good fit, but im still waiting for the seals and my hpx from itp what els did you do when you had it all apart?

Removing the down-pipe improves access to the up-pipe on the passenger side greatly.

I've been pondering using the old turbo minus the compressor side as an "alignment jig" to help install the up-pipes and get the "Y collector" or "baby's butt" aligned. I'm thinking that without the compressor side on the turbo, it might help get access to the donut clamp bolts at the top of the up-pipe on the driver's side.

Also, use an exhaust pipe expander so the donuts fit the pipe with a minimum amount of play. The closer the donuts fit on the up-pipes, the less squish will be needed to get a good seal. But don't expand the pipes too much where they won't fit into the 'baby's butt".

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
i got it all apart with out taking the down pipe off, and i left the up piles on the manifolds, they arnt leaking there, so i was able to get the babys butt off with out taking the up pipes off, but is there any thing i need to do 2 the turbo, the wheel feels good, and it all looks ok, i got all new intake boots comeing.