I have to ask about hubs.

twotonevert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are all 07 super duty trucks equipped with manual hubs? I took my wifes mustang to the dealer this morning and noticed all the new 09's, the 3 King Ranch trucks had manual hubs. I have moto metal wheels on mine and center cap is very tight. I am afraid of breaking it to get it off, do I have manual or automatic hubs? I did use the four wheel drive last weekend, so they must be engaged. If they are manual and are engaged, will it hurt to drive it with them locked in all the time? Thanks guys, I have had this truck for a week and trying to learn as much as I can.

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 has the option of auto or manual hub engagement. I thought all Super Duties with shift on the fly 4x4 had the same thing.

twotonevert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I dont know, that is why I am confused. I have the original window sticker, let me check it, just thought of that.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
ESOF (Electronic Shift On the Fly) = Auto Hubs. Shift lever on the floor (Manual Transfer Case) = Manual Hubs. This is what the factory gives (sells) us.

Dave

twotonevert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, thanks Dave, that helps, I dont have the lever, just the shift knob on the dash. According the original window sticker, it has electronic shift on the fly. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Last edited:

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure that both ESOF hubs and the manual lockouts look very similar anyway. I think that on the ESOF, the positions are auto and lock. I'm not going to swear to that though...never messed with the autos before.

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure that both ESOF hubs and the manual lockouts look very similar anyway. I think that on the ESOF, the positions are auto and lock. I'm not going to swear to that though...never messed with the autos before.

You are correct. There's auto and lock position on the hubs. When the auto hubs work it's a beautiful thing. I really like having both options since you never know when something will happen and a vacuum line or hub seal will go leaving you without 4x4 if you can't manually lock the hubs.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score

i would just like to add that, on the truck it would NOT have the ESOF knob nor the vac line running to the hub....otherwise prolly the same looking:dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14