I just called Jasper Engines....

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're 50 miles south of me. Before I bought the Super Duty, I considered all possibilities....one was cost of engine replacement. Here's what they said:

$5K for complete remanufactured 7.3
$8.4K for complete remanufactured running engine.

They'll discount if I deliver the core and pick up the new one at their dock.

Those are less than what wrecked trucks are going for on eBay.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I dont understand the difference in the two - what is the $3400 distinction? You get a remanned 7.3 but it doesnt run?

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
I dont understand the difference in the two - what is the $3400 distinction? You get a remanned 7.3 but it doesnt run?

??? Long block vs Short block............:dunno

Tbar

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, the complete engine is what's normally described as a long block; basic hard parts with no accessories....complete with heads, block, rotating assemblies, intake and water pump assembled....no valve covers, pan, injectors, turbo, HPOP etc.

Complete running engine comes with the above plus injectors, glow plugs, valve covers, oil pan, turbo, HPOP, exhaust manifolds, all sensors & GPR less driven accessories (steering pump, alternator, etc.).

1 year complete parts and labor warranty with unlimited mileage, even if self-installed.

I talked to Jerry and here's the site: Jasper Engines

Heaven forbid, but if anyone ever needed a replacement and opted for Jasper, I'd be willing to save them considerable money on freight. I'm always up for a roadtrip.:thumbs

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
thats the whole ball of wax,
i like unlimited mileage, but in one year time frame.
wonder if anyone brings one back at 11 months with say 80k on the clock
i bet the rv delivery guys could rack that up in a year easy

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're highly reputable and supply engines to all the parts houses. Almost nobody rebuilds any more around here....they order from Jasper. They've never done that well in NASCAR, but half the farmers here have Jasper engines in their 25 year old pickups. All the local low-dollar racers run their engines, too.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow thats a little pricey. Why not rebuild yours for about half of what they want?

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, my work wouldn't permit it as well as once I dive into something I don't quit until I'm done. I can handle maintenance and replacing ball joints, u-joints and might even do a clutch; but, I don't have a garage, all the tools, precision instruments, and other equipment required.

Besides, I'm on call at work 24/7 and make good bucks working overtime. I'd rather work on my job and reserve my off time for stuff I enjoy doing with the family. Also consider, when I rolled my boxes out of Burton Ford in Burton, OH, back in 1981, I swore off on the heavy mechanical BS.

Money is a perpetually renewable resource....the checks magically appear bi-weekly in my bank account. Time is an altogether different matter. I just turned 60 and that gets more precious to me with each passing day.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58