I just found this!Is it true

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Those guys don't know enough about ford to be speculating. It would be like us talking about GM's problems. The only person I saw who has sense is rray a member from here.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Read the whole thread.

There is really nothing wrong with the 6.4 yet, as I believe there have only been 2-3 trucks with the famous "flaming pipe" problem.

Now, I suppose Ford *may* develop their own diesel in the future, but that remains to be seen. It takes years to design and test a new engine... -popcorn

There were only 2-3 cases out of 8,000 or so.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only 8500 on the ROAD...when you consider that ford sells
50k SUPER DUTY trucks a MONTH its a drop in the bucket....theyve
probably had more loose lug nuts in a day than fire breathing trucks.

the important thing is they they didnt f' around...they made it public
and are taking action...they could have ignored it or waited to
see if it got "worse"...

Reaction score
from the information i've read and looked at 2010 is the year for the ford diesel which sounds about right cause that is the year for engine rethinking due to the emissions stuff. course i couldl be wrong but like everyone says that would be plenty of time to have somethin that is reliable and ready to get on the road

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM

is also having an issue with the DPF according to a tech I talked with...would seem they aren't making it public, ie: media release. Perhaps better to let Ford take the heat. The unit I looked at had a very condensed exhaust system that exited very near the rear of the cab...would think that may cause problems for some even without the DPF. Perhaps the Ford issues are being somewhat overblown in some of these forums. Ford has teams of individuals that work overtime finding shortcomings :doh: in competitors offerings....I suspect the competitors do the same.

Be well!

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
take this as u will!!

and i quote

"while ford is using a much improved 6.4L ps in the 08, sources say the relationship between ford and navistar has soured and ford, a company w/ a long diesel legacy is already developing its own replacement diesel - a 6.7L v8 for the 2010 model year sd. ford originally intended to use intl's 4.5L v6 'baby ps' in the f-150 and has since dropped that plan for an in-house 4.4L v6"

taken from the may issue of 'fourwheeler'

a side note
the new ford ceo alan mullaly has gone on record as stating the entire ford lineup will be revamped by 2010, showing that ford knows new product is something it desperately needs...

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
I post on that forum myself, as do several other SDD members. There is a lot of good information there, but when it comes to diesel engines, some of the folks that post "know it all" information there couldn't find their arse if they used both hands and a map.:D

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
and i quote

"while ford is using a much improved 6.4L ps in the 08, sources say the relationship between ford and navistar has soured and ford, a company w/ a long diesel legacy is already developing its own replacement diesel - a 6.7L v8 for the 2010 model year sd. ford originally intended to use intl's 4.5L v6 'baby ps' in the f-150 and has since dropped that plan for an in-house 4.4L v6"

taken from the may issue of 'fourwheeler'

a side note
the new ford ceo alan mullaly has gone on record as stating the entire ford lineup will be revamped by 2010, showing that ford knows new product is something it desperately needs...

I posted a year or so ago this very same thing. I had a discussion with a Ford engineer who is a brother of one of my good friends. He told me a year ago Ford was going to replace the 6.4 with a 6.7.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58