scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its now cheaper to drive my SD than it is to drive the wifes Durango!:sly

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its now cheaper to drive my SD than it is to drive the wifes Durango!:sly

Yep... we have 7 vehicles, and the only one that gets better mileage is the Nissan 300ZXT. And that one is so low, my wife will not drive it. My wife loves her Explorer, even though it gets bad mileage, so we just pay the gas bill.
:D

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
good call...my family has 5 vehicles...3 powerstrokes 95,03,04, an 04 mustang, and a 93 ford tempo....the tempo is legit at 32mpg....03 and 04 strokes at around 16 to 18....mustang comin in last at around 12 to 14.....oh yeah can't forget the farm truck (state vehicle 00 powerstroke...who cares they pay for it):thumbs

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
the wife loves her expedition, but it sucks the gas like crazy. SOOOO, we are selling it and getting a 2003 Honda Odyssey EXL instead.

it has 124,000 miles on it, the leather seats are like new, the previous owners took really good care of it. also has a brand new set of tires on it. Pearl white with grey leather. no entertainment package, but i plan on having a DVD player put in.

only having to pay 10,000 for it and the loan value is 13,000. i can pay it off in 3 years at 330.00 per month versus the 550.00 a month for the expedition and i still have 4 years to go on it. -mad

the wife likes the Honda, but she still loves the expediton, she was givin me this speech yesterday,
"if it was your precious truck, you wouldn't dare sell it!!!!":rant :soap

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i dunno guys.my suburban seems to get twice the fuel mileage as my PSD.with my normal everyday driving i get 200 miles to a tank of diesel.the truck holds 34 gallons when full to the the top.my suburban holds 36 gallons when full to the top.i have 400 miles on it now and still have half a tank of gas left :eek: .

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
i dunno guys.my suburban seems to get twice the fuel mileage as my PSD.with my normal everyday driving i get 200 miles to a tank of diesel.the truck holds 34 gallons when full to the the top.my suburban holds 36 gallons when full to the top.i have 400 miles on it now and still have half a tank of gas left :eek: .

im hoping your have two tanks and your getting 200 per tank...cause if your only getting 200 miles out of a 34 gallon tank...then thats horrible:eek: our 95 dually has a 19 gallon tank in front and a 16 gallon tank in back....we get about 170 ish out of the front and 140ish out of the back....thats around 8 to 10 mpg. your sayin you only get around 5 mpg:confused:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hey Rich;

If you are getting 22 mpg on your suburban, than it is really doing great:clap:

11 mpg on your truck is not so great :( , unless that is pulling a trailer all the time. Our Explorer averages from 16 to 17 mpg, and that is not so hot :( , but my wife feels safe driving it, so to me it that is more important than a few extra dollars at the pump.

scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wifes durango gets 15 to 17 depending where she is driving (town or highway) my psd gets 16-18. better mileage, but it was more expensive to fill, not anymore! diesel is still 2.72, ethanol is 3.10. my burb gets 16, but we don't drive it because it is getting old.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
im hoping your have two tanks and your getting 200 per tank...cause if your only getting 200 miles out of a 34 gallon tank...then thats horrible:eek: our 95 dually has a 19 gallon tank in front and a 16 gallon tank in back....we get about 170 ish out of the front and 140ish out of the back....thats around 8 to 10 mpg. your sayin you only get around 5 mpg:confused:

yes dual tanks.when i fill both tanks when they are empty it takes 34 gallons to fill them.200 miles per tank=400 miles to 34 gallons of fuel.i was averageing around 250 miles to a tank on my florida trip cruising 70-75MPH the whole trip.

my suburban hit 500 miles tonight with a little under 1/4 of a tank left.not bad for a gasser.i was expecting that thing to drink fuel like i drink mountain dew!!:eek:

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
yes dual tanks.when i fill both tanks when they are empty it takes 34 gallons to fill them.200 miles per tank=400 miles to 34 gallons of fuel.i was averageing around 250 miles to a tank on my florida trip cruising 70-75MPH the whole trip.

my suburban hit 500 miles tonight with a little under 1/4 of a tank left.not bad for a gasser.i was expecting that thing to drink fuel like i drink mountain dew!!:eek:

good good you scared me there....well that seems about normal form what i see and hear....the sub. is something else thats awesome:thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14