I NEED A ENGINE

cummins1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK I KNOW MY USERNAME IS A BIT WRONG FOR A FORD SITE SEEMING HOW I AM DIE HARD CUMMINS BUT MY GIRLFRIEND OWNS A 96 STROKE AND WE WANT TO BUILD A MECH. IDI ENGINE FOR IT IF ANYONE WHO KNOWS WERE I COULD GET A IDI ENGINE FOR DECINT PRICE PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANK YOU.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Try ebay, they have a lot of that stuff. Drop the CAPS LOCK, it is hard to read and it is considered YELLING and we get too much of that.

Dave

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
As shipping on a engine is going to be expensive I would start at the local wreaking yards.

Just out of curiosity why would you want to go backward in technology? The PowerStroke in the 96 is a much better engine than the IDI..

superf350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Shoot why would he go backwards in technology with a 7.3. The 6.0 would be even better! :burnit

cummins1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
sorry about the caps i was buzzed up a little, the main reason i want a mech. enigne is she saw a old mack cabover at light that was all redone and the engine was cranked up and it had that hunt for idle and she wants her truck to that funny huh. i told her i dont think that you can make a electtonic engine do that without alot of money.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
idi with the injector pump aint going to hunt at idle either unless you screw with the governor springs in the pump and really offset em or drop the tension.
it would suck to drive, idle like crap and eat up fuel at a unmentionable rate.
all hunting means is your injector pump is in need of service, like others who blow huge clouds of black smoke, pure wasted dead dinosaurs.

but as men we do alot of weird things for a muscle contraction:eek:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
If shes stuck on an IDI her best bet is to sell the 96 and go buy an IDI. But for some reasonable money invested in the PSD, we could make her forget all about the hunt at idle thing. Once she stood on the go pedal and got the turbo to spool and chucking hunks of tire out the rear gate she will never look back at another mechanical injection system again. :sweet

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
If ya dropping the PSD, why go IDI????

Why not a 12V since ya are a self proclaimed die hard cummins fan?????? :dunno

You can make the 12V do the SAME thing, but it isnt' supposed to run like that so not sure why you would want that :dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58